Knox Central
Jackson County

Middlesboro
Corbin

North Laurel
Barbourville

South Laurel
Harlan
First glance probably the draw Corbin and Knox both wanted. Corbins beat every team on its side.. but Knox has the talent to be the top team in the region. Will they get over the mental hump is the question.

All eyes point to a Laurel County semifinal on the other side.
Should be a great tournament to watch. I think it will be a lot more competitive across the board than a lot of people may think.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:First glance probably the draw Corbin and Knox both wanted. Corbins beat every team on its side.. but Knox has the talent to be the top team in the region. Will they get over the mental hump is the question.

All eyes point to a Laurel County semifinal on the other side.
That would be a repeat of last year’s semis if it happens. Exciting, but not the fever pitch last year’s games caused.
Van Hagar Wrote:That would be a repeat of last year’s semis if it happens. Exciting, but not the fever pitch last year’s games caused.

Yep you’re right. Im excited to watch the Sheppard boy for NL, haven’t got to see him play yet.
Knox Central - 70
Jackson County - 47

Corbin - 50
Middlesboro - 47

North Laurel - 58
Barbourville - 50

South Laurel - 61
Harlan - 45

Semi-Finals

Knox Central - 64
Corbin - 52

South Laurel - 60
North Laurel - 55

Championship

South Laurel - 61
Knox Central - 60
^I think that’s a very reasonable outlook on how it might go.
This one is wide open but no one should sleep on Middlesboro and Harlan, they are both capable of blowing this bracket up.
Jackets boro
What region are the officials from?
Rainingthrees Wrote:What region are the officials from?

8th region.
Not familiar with how they call. Some regions call a lot different.
They usually allow more physical play. Can’t be worse officials than the 13th. After watching them a full season you still can’t predict how the game will be called.
I don’t like officials (jk), but we have some really good referees in our region and some bad.
It’s hard to predict officials just like trying to predict coaches and there game plan from game to game.
I was told that the coaches got to pick the officials for tournament play, any truth to that?
Craze JACKET man Wrote:I don’t like officials (jk), but we have some really good referees in our region and some bad.
It’s hard to predict officials just like trying to predict coaches and there game plan from game to game.
I was told that the coaches got to pick the officials for tournament play, any truth to that?

You were told wrong.
I still don't understand why they don't bring in other regions for the districts as well. One extra week of travel wouldn't be that big of an issue you'd think. If you going to do it for regions then the districts are equally as important and should get the same.
Our Super is on the basketball board, and he said “ we will get our highest rated officials on the game, both coaches equally.”
But I may have missed understood him!
Rainingthrees Wrote:What region are the officials from?

Bellvue

Confusednicker:
District officials are assigned according to their ratings with both coaches. Coaches won’t see officials on their district games that they don’t want.
CA3 Wrote:Knox Central - 70
Jackson County - 47

Corbin - 50
Middlesboro - 47

North Laurel - 58
Barbourville - 50

South Laurel - 61
Harlan - 45

Semi-Finals

Knox Central - 64
Corbin - 52

South Laurel - 60
North Laurel - 55

Championship

South Laurel - 61
Knox Central - 60

Too bad the Knox Central coach
Can’t coach. If he could coach just a little bit Knox could have won the 13th last year and this year
I think South Laurel wins the region, knocks off Knox in the championship and makes another run in Lexington. Cant wait to watch the Cardinals tomorrow night at the Arena.
Boro Corbin should be a good first round matchup
Looked like 14th Region officials last night. I think our officials are calling the 8th Region.
I applaud this young Shepherd boy, he's really good for his age. Going to be fun to watch!!!