Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Job: Christian Academy-Louisville
Coach Lefors is stepping down to take the job at Christian High School in Baton Rouge Louisiana, his hometown.

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/high-sch...18320.html
Surprised by this....good luck to him. He's a great guy!
This will be a pivotal hire for CAL, they have the program at the top the last several years but not long enough to stay if the don't find the right coach. They appear dedicated to the program so I bet they find a proven coach
A strong name around Louisville that is already in the private school is Coach Scroggins. The former Centeal coach was interested in the St. X position last year (rumored) so I don’t see any reason why he wouldn’t wanna try for CAL.
He’s not coaching
Real Badman Wrote:He’s not coaching

If you're referring to Ty Scroggins, you're incorrect. Ty is on the coaching staff at DeSales, where his son is currently playing. Jayden Scroggins is likely to be the starting quarterback for the Colts in 2019 year as a junior.
Hunter Cantwell would be a great hire for CAL.
FoSho Wrote:Hunter Cantwell would be a great hire for CAL.

Why?
FCSPY Wrote:Why?

Great leader, coach, mentor and Christian...and he's a Louisville guy.
Big loss to the State of Kentucky.

LeFors was definitely one of the next "elite" young coaches and he built that CAL program into a powerhouse.

Supposedly heading back to his home state of Louisiana.

CAL is about as good of a job to be open as there is in the State. Tons of talent, a strong feeder program, excellent facilities, and a school parents want their kids to go to.
No way hunter gets the job. Look for a big name to move in here
Wonder if Jay Cobb will be a target for CAL. He's currently the DC at Trinity, he's got HC experience and a winning pedigree at several schools in Kentucky, was an HC in Texas as well. I've heard the only way he would take another HC job in Kentucky is if it was another private so he can keep his public school pension. Seems like it could be a.good hire, but maybe CAL is thinking different/bigger.
FoSho Wrote:Great leader, coach, mentor and Christian...and he's a Louisville guy.

Though Cantwell played at Hancock county??
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Though Cantwell played at Hancock county??

....and UofL. 🤔
Gotta wonder if the pay at CAL is on the level, if not they may have a tougher time filling a slot that should be highly coveted

Where is the old PT qb these days? is he into HS coaching?
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Where is the old PT qb these days? is he into HS coaching?

Last I heard, Carroll Co? Might have moved on by now?!?!
FoSho Wrote:Last I heard, Carroll Co? Might have moved on by now?!?!

He is still at Carroll.

Im thinking an inhouse hire or someone from the other side of the river.
I assume it pays well but they also had Lefors as a scheduling director so I would bet they find ways to increase the pay.

Damn I'm good. 😉
Hunter Cantrell is officially the new head coach at CAL.
FoSho Wrote:Damn I'm good. 😉

:worthy:
plantmanky Wrote::worthy:

😊
a local boy, played his HS ball for the Blue Tornado of Paducah Tilghman