Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
64SUR 13th Regional Rankings 01-27-18
1. South Laurel 21-2 Still the team to beat, one game next week North Laurel
2. Knox Central 17-4 Still my #2 lost to Corbin this week by 1
3. Harlan County 16-5 Will be tested next week against Middlesboro and Harlan.
4. Corbin 14-5 big win over knox Central this week, and a lost to south Laurel
5. North Laurel 14-8 30pt win over Clay County this week ( Sleeper team )
6. Clay County 17-4 End four game losing streak this week with a win over Whitley County, big games this upcoming week Harlan,Pikeville,Johnson Central
7. Bell County 11-8 I bump them up 3 spots for some reason
8. Harlan 15-8 two big game this week Clay County and Harlan County
9. Middlesboro 11-9 Played south Laurel within 8pts at south
10. Barbourville 12-6 Haven’t seen them play this year.
11. Whitley County 13-10
12. Lynn Camp 10-9
13. Williamsburg 11-10
14. Jackson County 5-16 ( beat OBI and Regional bound)
15. Redbird 7-9 lost two games this week
16. Pineville 7-14
17. Oneida Baptist 3-11 ( beat Jackson County Regional tournament)

Like to see other posters Rankings :pondering: Plus this will be my last Ranking in 2019

Teams that I think will be in the regional tournament

South Laurel
Corbin
Harlan County
Harlan
Knox Central
Barbourville
North Laurel
Jackson County

My pick to win championship South Laurel Cardinal
I know way to early Confusedmoke:
South Laurel, Knox, Harlan County, Corbin and North Laurel should be locks. Where is the 49th district tourney cause that could help decide that mess of a draw with the bottom three? Dinky could get Lynn Camp into the region. Where is the 52nd? I like Harlan also, but Middlesboro and Bell are all close.
four quarters Wrote:South Laurel, Knox, Harlan County, Corbin and North Laurel should be locks. Where is the 49th district tourney cause that could help decide that mess of a draw with the bottom three? Dinky could get Lynn Camp into the region. Where is the 52nd? I like Harlan also, but Middlesboro and Bell are all close.

49th is at North Laurel
52nd is at Bell Co.
Leonards_loser Wrote:49th is at North Laurel
52nd is at Bell Co.

50th South Laurel
51st Pineville? I think.
1. South
2. KC
3. Corbin
4. Harlan Co.
5. Clay Co.
6. North
7. Bell Co.
8. Middlesboro
9. Barbourville
10. Lynn Camp
11. Harlan Ind.
12. Whitley Co.
13. Wliiliamsburg
14. Jackson Co.
15. Red Bird
16. Pineville
17. OBI
Before the season started I felt that Clay would be the team to beat in the 13th this year because the region is not that loaded. Thinking all this with South and Knox behind them. Robinson has surprised me how good he really is. I predict he will break Farmer's scoring record at Clay before he is finished. I do worry about Gray and his post-season coaching though. He hasn't had much experience in the post-season and he has had very little success when you talk about the post-season. The expectations has sure got worse at Clay these days. I would be thinking Clay should be winning the region with this bunch, not worrying if Clay is going to make it out of the district! So, I agree with these rankings. Clay coming up short again.
Clay County was never the favorite to win the region this year. Most rankings had them 4th at best (as low as 6th). Have more wins already than last year total. A District championship and potentially a game in Region would be considered a victory. The Tigers play 5 sophomores in their 8 man rotation (7 man without Begley). They’re doing just fine.
I understand Clay County is young, but compared to the region this year they are just as good as anyone else in my eyes. That is the problem, everyone gives this team a crutch and say it's okay just to be average. The region is down. Also, if someone tells you they don't worry about Gray in post-season coaching then they are not being honest. His record shows that. Has he ever won a game in the Arena? And if they don't go back to region for the second straight year, my goodness, then can anyone say they are doing just fine?
Wayne_ Wrote:I understand Clay County is young, but compared to the region this year they are just as good as anyone else in my eyes. That is the problem, everyone gives this team a crutch and say it's okay just to be average. The region is down. Also, if someone tells you they don't worry about Gray in post-season coaching then they are not being honest. His record shows that. Has he ever won a game in the Arena? And if they don't go back to region for the second straight year, my goodness, then can anyone say they are doing just fine?

They had a losing record last year? Haha, I don’t know where all this pressure is coming from.
I think alot of pressure is on clay this year. Having to play north at home with the thought of not making it to region again. Clay is way to good of a program to miss region back to back and yes that is hard to believe, but that is what clay is up against.
Pressure is only there if you create it yourself. Tigers were 5th preseason. A lot of time between now and District.
Good rankings 64sur,

1.South Laurel
2.Knox Central
3.Harlan County
4.Corbin
5.Clay County (players back)
6.North Laurel
7.Middlesboro
8.Harlan
9.Bell County
10.Barbourville
11.Whitley County
12.Lynn Camp
13.Williamsburg
14.Jackson County
15.Red Bird
16.Pineville
17.OBI

District winners, runners up
North Laurel-Jackson County
South Laurel-Corbin
Knox Central-Lynn Camp
Harlan County-Middlesboro

Of course this can change depending on first round district games.
[quote=64SUR]1. South Laurel 21-2 Still the team to beat, one game next week North Laurel
2. Knox Central 17-4 Still my #2 lost to Corbin this week by 1
3. Harlan County 16-5 Will be tested next week against Middlesboro and Harlan.
4. Corbin 14-5 big win over knox Central this week, and a lost to south Laurel
5. North Laurel 14-8 30pt win over Clay County this week ( Sleeper team )
6. Clay County 17-4 End four game losing streak this week with a win over Whitley County, big games this upcoming week Harlan,Pikeville,Johnson Central
7. Bell County 11-8 I bump them up 3 spots for some reason
8. Harlan 15-8 two big game this week Clay County and Harlan County
9. Middlesboro 11-9 Played south Laurel within 8pts at south
10. Barbourville 12-6 Haven’t seen them play this year.
11. Whitley County 13-10
12. Lynn Camp 10-9
13. Williamsburg 11-10
14. Jackson County 5-16 ( beat OBI and Regional bound)
15. Redbird 7-9 lost two games this week
16. Pineville 7-14
17. Oneida Baptist 3-11 ( beat Jackson County Regional tournament)

Like to see other posters Rankings :pondering: Plus this will be my last Ranking in 2019

Teams that I think will be in the regional tournament

South Laurel
Corbin
Harlan County
Harlan
Knox Central
Barbourville
North Laurel
Jackson County

My pick to win championship South Laurel Cardinal
I know way to early Confusedmoke:[/QUOTE
Am I crazy or do the 49th district teams all not play each other in the regular season? I can’t figure out how OBI plays Jackson and Red Bird plays NL in the tourney. Someone help me out as I’m not sure how the 13th does thier seeding
Drew names out of a hat I think.
I also think South Laurel will win this region this year.