Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County 63 Mercer County 61
Final
Clay must been overlooking Mercer Co tonight......theyve not been very good this season. Im sure Clay is looking forward to a Saturday showdown with Corbin.
What was the score of the Floyd Central game before this one?
Union County, SC (8-5) – 67
Floyd Central (2-11) – 61
Brian aka Philip Wrote:Union County, SC (8-5) – 67
Floyd Central (2-11) – 61

Maybe next year Corbin will invite some out of state teams that can dribble a basketball.
Congrats to Tiggers.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Maybe next year Corbin will invite some out of state teams that can dribble a basketball.

No out of state team that's good enough to win will come cause they know how they will get treated at Corbin. this tournament is going downhill fast. Hopefully Clay County wins this thing.
Robinson continues to solidify himself as the regions top player... no one is more consistent night in and night out the kid bring it each night at both ends. A lot of other kids get hyped up because they can dunk or are the only player on their team but for my money Robinson has the skills and intangibles and puts up 20-30 each night with a balanced offense around him without forcing anything.
Heard Coach Cal was on hand to watch.
Robinson has definitely stepped up his game this season and leading the Tigers. While the Tigers and Robinson are 12-0, I think the jury is still out on the top teams and players right now. If I looked correctly, Clay has only played 3 or 4 teams with a winning record. The schedule gets a lot better in the second half of the season so it will become more clear by the time mid February gets here. Robinson has been a scoring machine for sure though....he will be top 5 regardless.
TIGERZ Wrote:Robinson continues to solidify himself as the regions top player... no one is more consistent night in and night out the kid bring it each night at both ends. A lot of other kids get hyped up because they can dunk or are the only player on their team but for my money Robinson has the skills and intangibles and puts up 20-30 each night with a balanced offense around him without forcing anything.

He certainly is having a good year. No need, however, to disparage other players. It’s pretty obvious who you are referring to. Your Tigers will get their opportunity soon. And it won’t be a mediocre 12th region team, or a historically bad Lex Catholic
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:He certainly is having a good year. No need, however, to disparage other players. It’s pretty obvious who you are referring to. Your Tigers will get their opportunity soon. And it won’t be a mediocre 12th region team, or a historically bad Lex Catholic

Always seems to be the one playing under the rim that throws off on the guys that can play above. Anyone thats played or watched basketball knows it creates a big advantage when you're driving to the basket and can elevate above the rim, Usually ends in a foul or two points or a lot of times both.......but then again when you stay under the rim you never find this out.
I wasn’t attacking anyone just going by the numbers. And I’m looking forward to the Robinson/cromer matchup! two hard headed players that can both fill it up I’m not saying clay can’t lose to them but I do think clay is the better overall TEAM. That’s the beauty of it we will get to see soon. As I’m assuming you think I was referring to south laurel by your reply when in reality it could have been knox or anyone.
TIGERZ Wrote:I wasn’t attacking anyone just going by the numbers. And I’m looking forward to the Robinson/cromer matchup! two hard headed players that can both fill it up I’m not saying clay can’t lose to them but I do think clay is the better overall TEAM. That’s the beauty of it we will get to see soon. As I’m assuming you think I was referring to south laurel by your reply when in reality it could have been knox or anyone.

Lol. You realize that you brought up that you're not talking about SL, but then refer to them even though nobody else brought them up? There will be no Cromer vs Robinson or anyone else, because Clay won't play a second of man to man against South. Glenn Gray is a lot smarter than that.
I would be more focused on the jan 4th north laurel district game than the south game
Is Clay County a top 25 team?
ky playmaker Wrote:I would be more focused on the jan 4th north laurel district game than the south game

Yeah north is definitely due a win
Go Tigers!
Leonards_loser Wrote:Always seems to be the one playing under the rim that throws off on the guys that can play above. Anyone thats played or watched basketball knows it creates a big advantage when you're driving to the basket and can elevate above the rim, Usually ends in a foul or two points or a lot of times both.......but then again when you stay under the rim you never find this out.
no bird can fly so high that it doesn't have to land. I prefer to stay grounded Smile