Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel 73 Astronauts, FL 59
Final
Way to go Cardinals!
Congrats Cardinals!
Nice win for SL. The War Eagles got off to an early lead and got into South’s head a little bit. South hung in and took a lead into half. By the fourth, South opened up a 20 pt lead.

Astronaut’s Kario Oquendo is an athletic 2G or wing with a nice outside shot and ability to attack the rim. Kid is being recruited by Florida and Wake Forest.
Oquendo is a 6'5 wing that is very explosive, kid has major hops and had 2-3 highlight reel dunks, he's just a Jr. so I'm sure they'll be plenty of schools involved with him by next year. #0 Carter is another 6'5 Guard that while not quite as explosive as Oquendo, can fill it up in a hurry. Carter is just a sophomore. This was a very nice win for South Laurel.......they were led by Cromer 26 and JJ Ramey 23, Norvell 11.
Congrats To South.
Leonards_loser Wrote:Oquendo is a 6'5 wing that is very explosive, kid has major hops and had 2-3 highlight reel dunks, he's just a Jr. so I'm sure they'll be plenty of schools involved with him by next year. #0 Carter is another 6'5 Guard that while not quite as explosive as Oquendo, can fill it up in a hurry. Carter is just a sophomore. This was a very nice win for South Laurel.......they were led by Cromer 26 and JJ Ramey 23, Norvell 11.

He’s got Florida, Fla Atlantic and Wake looking at him. Young man will probably be a D1 player in a couple of years
according to 247 sports wake has offered but it doesnt show it on verbal commits
ky playmaker Wrote:according to 247 sports wake has offered but it doesnt show it on verbal commits

I expect the offers will come in.
Was he the same kid that gave Matthew the stare down after the dunk early in the game?

They certainly tried to get in their heads early.
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:I expect the offers will come in.
Was he the same kid that gave Matthew the stare down after the dunk early in the game?

He the one that got T'd p for kicking matt in the head after a jump ball as he was getting up. lol they talked smack all game
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:I expect the offers will come in.

Yes, Oquendo was the one that stared Cromer down after the first dunk. Think the ref gave him a warning then. Was definitely some trash talking going on.
Leonards_loser Wrote:Yes, Oquendo was the one that stared Cromer down after the first dunk. Think the ref gave him a warning then. Was definitely some trash talking going on.

Yea, can’t remember the kid’s number, but he would talk the entire time while any of the South kids were at the line. Best part were the two War Eagles who were listening in while Davis was coaching up Ramey. At one point it looked like they were getting coached too. Interesting game lol
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:Yea, can’t remember the kid’s number, but he would talk the entire time while any of the South kids were at the line. Best part were the two War Eagles who were listening in while Davis was coaching up Ramey. At one point it looked like they were getting coached too. Interesting game lol

Oquendo was #11..... It was an entertaining game.