Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 78 Perry County Central 68
Final
I may be overlooking one, but if memory is correct, this is JC’s first ever win over Perry Central in boys basketball.
Congrats to Eagles.
Way to go Eagles!
Diogenes Wrote:I may be overlooking one, but if memory is correct, this is JC’s first ever win over Perry Central in boys basketball.
Coach McKenzie said the same thing on the pregame show. I was little surprised they hadn’t had at least one victory in the series considering JC seems to play Perry pretty frequently since McKenzie has been the coach.
That's only the first time JC has beat us in basketball? That's impressive considering the caliber of teams the Golden Eagles have had the past several seasons, Congrats to Johnson Central.
It was a good win. JC had control pretty much the whole game and was really frustrating Noah Back with their defense. Cameron Turner was on fire for Perry and had 6 or 7 3-pointers.
Cam Turner dropping 32, if he keeps that up Perry will be tough to beat in the 14th. Teams face guarding Noah Back is freeing up some shots for everyone else. JC has a good team this year. Congrats to them.
Perry got behind by 18 in the first quarter.
Cut it to six and had the ball in their hand with a couple minutes to go and that was as close as they got.
Perry Central sure knows how to make a game interesting, made big comebacks both nights just got down to much
pjdoug Wrote:Way to go Eagles!

What's the deal? You're always downing the Eagles. So I guess you just don't like Matney?
Diogenes Wrote:I may be overlooking one, but if memory is correct, this is JC’s first ever win over Perry Central in boys basketball.

Mister D Wrote:Coach McKenzie said the same thing on the pregame show. I was little surprised they hadn’t had at least one victory in the series considering JC seems to play Perry pretty frequently since McKenzie has been the coach.

geauxtigers75 Wrote:That's only the first time JC has beat us in basketball? That's impressive considering the caliber of teams the Golden Eagles have had the past several seasons, Congrats to Johnson Central.

Looking back at JC's regional championship teams from '12, '13, '14 & '15.... JC always played Perry Central early in the season, not that to be used an excuse, but you can see that JC didn't have their head on straight cause we threw in some clunkers around that same time of year.

Anyways, glad that streak is over. The Florida football streak ends and the Perry Central basketball streak ends in the same calendar year, sports are fun.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Looking back at JC's regional championship teams from '12, '13, '14 & '15.... JC always played Perry Central early in the season, not that to be used an excuse, but you can see that JC didn't have their head on straight cause we threw in some clunkers around that same time of year.

Anyways, glad that streak is over. The Florida football streak ends and the Perry Central basketball streak ends in the same calendar year, sports are fun.

You know something about playing teams early in the season?
Those teams are playing you at the same time and place lol

But I didn't even know that streak existed, but when it was brought up on here I noticed I had never personally witness Perry Central lose to JC in basketball.

I think Perry will be in good shape come the end of the season, but they just aren't there yet. A few new folks trying to find a role.

it was a big win.