Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beechwood vs Pikeville (1A Championship) 11/30
05 it's 98.1 Hit City USA Pikeville

http://myhitcityusa.com/
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:Last I checked, Corbin just shutout the team that took Belfry to the woodshed.

Man that phrase never gets old. The first part of it! Haha

As far as the comparisons to Pikeville and Corbin...... Well I’m not touching that one with a 10 ft pole. But I will say this. Castleman is a heck of an athlete. I mentioned stopping him earlier as one of PVilles keys to winning. But I think they have the athletes to do it. But i think it’ll be an uphill battle for Pville in this game. With that said, they’ve got a very good chance and can absolutely pull it off. BW is very well rounded though, so if they don’t come to play it has the possibility to get ugly. But I expect it to be a hard fought game. I won’t sugar coat it. I want Pville to win, but I think BW takes it by 14.
Hound05 Wrote:Man that phrase never gets old. The first part of it! Haha

As far as the comparisons to Pikeville and Corbin...... Well I’m not touching that one with a 10 ft pole. But I will say this. Castleman is a heck of an athlete. I mentioned stopping him earlier as one of PVilles keys to winning. But I think they have the athletes to do it. But i think it’ll be an uphill battle for Pville in this game. With that said, they’ve got a very good chance and can absolutely pull it off. BW is very well rounded though, so if they don’t come to play it has the possibility to get ugly. But I expect it to be a hard fought game. I won’t sugar coat it. I want Pville to win, but I think BW takes it by 14.

http://calpreps.com/2018/ratings/Kentucky_all.htm

Corbin #12 Pikeville #19, very little gap and a Pikeville win wouldn't be shocking. Not surprising you pick the team you beat to win. 99.5% of the people do the same thing.
jetpilot Wrote:http://calpreps.com/2018/ratings/Kentucky_all.htm

Corbin #12 Pikeville #19, very little gap and a Pikeville win wouldn't be shocking. Not surprising you pick the team you beat to win. 99.5% of the people do the same thing.

I don’t put much into calpreps. Read the disclaimer at the bottom. Without any numbers factored in they say you can predict the best team over 60% of the time by better records and home field. They also had us losing to Boyle by 10+ I think. But that’s another argument. I think what separates Corbin and Pville is our defense, but that’s also another argument. I’ve made no secret that I’m rooting for Pikeville. I hope they destroy beechwood. I’ve also admitted I don’t know a whole lot about the panthers. But I do know BW. Given what I know, which is very little on one side of it, I have to say BW. It’s not that we beat them, that never even came across my mind. I think it’s also their defense that separates them from Pville. They don’t have a lot of break downs or mental errors on that side. I know the panthers have a dang good offense. But as has been debated on here already, I think line play will probably push them over the top in this one. I hope you guys prove me wrong. I really do. And as I said it’s very, very, possible. But it’s gonna take a perfect game plan that gets executed. Beechwood to me has more overall talent, but as our fans saw last week, talent alone don’t win it. I’m hoping the panthers road which was a little tougher than BWs have them a little more prepared. Walking through the playoffs can cause you to come out a little slow. If that’s the case I hope PHS puts it to them. But regardless, good luck to you guys.
Hound05 Wrote:I don’t put much into calpreps. Read the disclaimer at the bottom. Without any numbers factored in they say you can predict the best team over 60% of the time by better records and home field. They also had us losing to Boyle by 10+ I think. But that’s another argument. I think what separates Corbin and Pville is our defense, but that’s also another argument. I’ve made no secret that I’m rooting for Pikeville. I hope they destroy beechwood. I’ve also admitted I don’t know a whole lot about the panthers. But I do know BW. Given what I know, which is very little on one side of it, I have to say BW. It’s not that we beat them, that never even came across my mind. I think it’s also their defense that separates them from Pville. They don’t have a lot of break downs or mental errors on that side. I know the panthers have a dang good offense. But as has been debated on here already, I think line play will probably push them over the top in this one. I hope you guys prove me wrong. I really do. And as I said it’s very, very, possible. But it’s gonna take a perfect game plan that gets executed. Beechwood to me has more overall talent, but as our fans saw last week, talent alone don’t win it. I’m hoping the panthers road which was a little tougher than BWs have them a little more prepared. Walking through the playoffs can cause you to come out a little slow. If that’s the case I hope PHS puts it to them. But regardless, good luck to you guys.
I think Pikeville has the athletes all over the field that can spread it out and stretch that defense making it very difficult for them to defend the Panthers offense.
It’s game day Panthers now do your job. Good luck today and love you guys and I am heading to LEXINGTON. As always GO PANTHERS!!!
Can’t wait to watched this one should be a good one. :Cheerlead

Pikeville 28
Beechwood 27
Beechwood 42
Pikeville 28
Panthers overall speed is hard to defend. Go Panthers
https://www.kentucky.com/sports/high-sch...57955.html

More "experts" than you would think are picking Pikeville. I counted 19.
It's put or shut up day. Bring the title back to the mountains! Goodluck Panthers!
jetpilot Wrote:https://www.kentucky.com/sports/high-sch...57955.html

More "experts" than you would think are picking Pikeville. I counted 19.

Panthers! Panthers! Panthers! :Cheerlead
Gameday!!!! Go get it, Pikeville!!!!
pjdoug Wrote:I think Pikeville has the athletes all over the field that can spread it out and stretch that defense making it very difficult for them to defend the Panthers offense.

They do. And I don’t think BW will stop the panthers. But I don’t think the panthers will stop BW much either though. Hope I’m wrong. Good luck guys! Bring it home
Setting here in the parking lot pikeville fans out number beechwood 1064 to 15 :Cheerlead
Go Panthers !
Castleman pounds the rock down the Panthers throat all day as THE greatest Ky 1A football program ever says goodbye to 1A!