Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Academy -Louisville 35 Somerset 12
Final
Crap
Jumpers battled and were outplaying CAL for most of the first half after the big run for the CAL score on their opening drive. Somerset fumble returned by CAL right before the half to make it 14-6 kind of took the win out of the sails for the Jumpers in the 3rd quarter. We came back to battle in the 4th but just didn't have enough in the end and Milton Wright finally showed out. CAL is a great team. Four big plays did the Jumpers in tonight.

Congrats to the Jumpers, really proud of how you guys battled in this one. Nothing to hang your heads about.

Congrats to CAL on the win and best of luck to you guys next week!
Congrats to CAL
Jumpers played a great game! Congrats on an excellent season!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Not a blow CAL with the win congrats Somerset dominated CAL the first half a couple bad offensive plays I think took the wind out of Somerset sails definitely not a blow out. Good luck to CAL next week I think they will take Mayfield down.
bop07475 Wrote:Not a blow CAL with the win congrats Somerset dominated CAL the first half a couple bad offensive plays I think took the wind out of Somerset sails definitely not a blow out. Good luck to CAL next week I think they will take Mayfield down.
I doubt it, but I'll laugh if they do Confusednicker:
Congrats CAL on the win. Now on to the big showdown in Lexington!
Also, congratulations to Somerset on a fine season.
Congrats to Bunnies on a great season
I kept reading that CAL could name the score or that CAL would have a running clock early. Didn’t happen.

The fumble by Somerset at the end of the half that CAL had the scoop and score on was huge for sake of momentum otherwise it’s a 7-6 ballgame at half.

I’m not discrediting the Centurians. They have some outstanding athletes and are very well coached. 3 and 33 were two kids Somerset really didn’t have an answer for and not too many teams will.

I’m proud of our Jumpers this year and the future of the program looks very bright.

Kudos to the CAL fans who drove down and showed well!
I was expecting more home fans for a semi-final. I understand there were a lot on the field level, but I thought it would be packed.
football fan42 Wrote:I was expecting more home fans for a semi-final. I understand there were a lot on the field level, but I thought it would be packed.

There were as many/more fans on the track or around the end zone as there were in the stands. As far as being packed: Clark Field has a capacity of 7000. You aren't going to pack that very often for a single game event. Not to mention that there was another semifinal going on a mile away.
Makes sense, I didn’t take the other game into account
Crowd has been dwindling as the weather has worsened and it's gotten colder this season. Couple that with the fact that fans could livestream the game from Facebook through Lake Cumberland Sports (who does a fantastic job), and you get the crowd you had last night.

Overall I thought it was a pretty good crowd. As Walt said, it's hard to fill our stands. It was worse last week with the Pulaski/Southwestern game going on just over the hill.