Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Catholic 36 Highlands 0
If you need help. You just can not let your best athletes stand on the sideline waiting to go into the game.
How close would this game have been had the birds played “their best athletes on both sides?”
Woodsman Wrote:How close would this game have been had the birds played “their best athletes on both sides?”
Likely not much closer than the final score, maybe, birds score a TD. That said, it is time for BW to get rid of the OC and find someone else for that spot if HHS is to get back on track offensively. The current OC has no business in that position as he is one of the worst I've ever witnessed at designing and implementing an offensive scheme. Over the past 2 seasons, he has single handedly lost at least 4 games that the Birds had in hand for a win. His love of seniors cost the team a shot at having a D1 caliber QB for the next 2 years and his inability to see his shortcomings has led HHS to having an offense that is way too predictable and way too easy to defend. I'm sure he is a good guy and I'm sure he could contribute in some manner, but he is not an OC and this failed experiment should be ended. Hopefully we see Coach KS hired in the off season.
JustADad Wrote:Likely not much closer than the final score, maybe, birds score a TD. That said, it is time for BW to get rid of the OC and find someone else for that spot if HHS is to get back on track offensively. The current OC has no business in that position as he is one of the worst I've ever witnessed at designing and implementing an offensive scheme. Over the past 2 seasons, he has single handedly lost at least 4 games that the Birds had in hand for a win. His love of seniors cost the team a shot at having a D1 caliber QB for the next 2 years and his inability to see his shortcomings has led HHS to having an offense that is way too predictable and way too easy to defend. I'm sure he is a good guy and I'm sure he could contribute in some manner, but he is not an OC and this failed experiment should be ended. Hopefully we see Coach KS hired in the off season.

Fair enough.

Who is “KS?” Siple? Hasn’t he bounced around all over for various reasons? Is he really the answer?
Woodsman Wrote:Fair enough.

Who is “KS?” Siple? Hasn’t he bounced around all over for various reasons? Is he really the answer?

He may have bounced around, but there are reasons beyond football for much of that. He knows how to run an offense and knows when to play the best players despite what grade kids are in or how he gets along with a kid's family. HHS would vastly improve offensively with him as OC.
Woodsman Wrote:How close would this game have been had the birds played “their best athletes on both sides?”

Not too different, Cov Cath was the better team w/better and more top athletes, however you have to give your team their best shot. It would have possible given the D some dearly needed rest breaks, can't expect D to play 3/4 or more of a game and win. And play calling was just bad and predictable. QB play was bad and Highlands can't be afraid to put best player in that spot instead of always waiting till your a SR to play you at QB. And evaluation of who plays at RB leaves you scratching your head. Just appears to many that OC is in over his head.