Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WanDale Robinson commits to UK
Western Hills star Wandale Robinson has committed to Kentucky
Good for UK. I am shocked.
Yesterday he would have given a different answer.

Today....good for UK.
Awesome that he said no to schools like Ohio State & Alabama just to stay home and continue building his home state program! This is a huge recruiting win for Coach Morrow and Coach Stoops!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Look forward to watching him on Saturdays
I really hope he is the goods in college. IMO just with his 40 times, and watching with my own eyes, this is going to be fun to watch in the next few years. You guys think he'll play some right off the bat, or redshirt? I doubt he'll redshirt myself. Kentucky will need to replace Benny, most likely with 3 running backs in rotation. Benny is just a workhorse.
smoke1015 Wrote:I really hope he is the goods in college. IMO just with his 40 times, and watching with my own eyes, this is going to be fun to watch in the next few years. You guys think he'll play some right off the bat, or redshirt? I doubt he'll redshirt myself. Kentucky will need to replace Benny, most likely with 3 running backs in rotation. Benny is just a workhorse.

He will start in the slot next season and be targeted a lot, he's that good!
I think Benny goes pro. Rose and this kid are the new 1 2 punch
smoke1015 Wrote:I really hope he is the goods in college. IMO just with his 40 times, and watching with my own eyes, this is going to be fun to watch in the next few years. You guys think he'll play some right off the bat, or redshirt? I doubt he'll redshirt myself. Kentucky will need to replace Benny, most likely with 3 running backs in rotation. Benny is just a workhorse.

Nah I don’t think there’s much of a chance for a redshirt. I don’t think he’ll start though. But I def see him getting some big minutes and some touches. I’d say by his Sophomore year he’ll be starting and carry a big load for us. The only reason I don’t think he’ll start is because if I remember correctly Bowden didn’t start his freshman year. I don’t think he’s a talented as Bowden was at that point. But he could def end up better than Bowden if he puts the work in. Talk about some speed we’ll have in about 2 years if Bowden stays for his senior year and you have a sophomore Robinson on the field as well. Great pick up for the cats and congrats to the kid on all his hard work.
Can you imagine if Benny comes back next season? Benny, Lynn, Rose and WanDale. Man what a rushing and return attack
Strikeout King Wrote:Can you imagine if Benny comes back next season? Benny, Lynn, Rose and WanDale. Man what a rushing and return attack

Yea! It would be nice to think about. But I’d almost say he’s 100% gone. And I don’t blame him.
Hound05 Wrote:Yea! It would be nice to think about. But I’d almost say he’s 100% gone. And I don’t blame him.

I don't want to see him hurt. He's battled for us and I hope he gets his millions. Type of kid that worked his butt off for it, and deserves it. Would kill me to see him lose that opportunity.
FoSho Wrote:He will start in the slot next season and be targeted a lot, he's that good!

So you think just a slot next year, then maybe go to running back later, after age and college weights? Or strictly a slot receiver suits him best? I know he's not a huge guy, but he ran against us with some power at times in our early scrimmage this year.
I don’t think he becomes the back for UK. I think we see him on one side and Bowden on the other side in the slot. That’s a lot of speed with Rose as the back and maybe someone else. I also think Richardson becomes a star at WR. That dude has the build like a Dez Bryant or someone like that. I think next year our offense is explosive and the defense takes a step back due to graduation and losing seniors. Then again, we may have another killer D with an explosive offense. Exciting times at UK these days
Doesn't he just weight like a 175 pounds? If that is in dead the case can his body endure the beating it would sustain playing runningback in the SEC? I would think he would need to add some muscle first before taking that pounding.
Westside Wrote:Doesn't he just weight like a 175 pounds? If that is in dead the case can his body endure the beating it would sustain playing runningback in the SEC? I would think he would need to add some muscle first before taking that pounding.
Yeah something like 5’8 175lbs. That’s why i think he stays at slot. Bowden only weighed about 10 lbs more and we see where he is, and He was an actual back in high school.
Nebraska fans are oh so very angry about Wandale flipping to UK. They seem upset the kid from Frankfort wants to play for 7-1 UK instead of the 2-6 dumpster fire that is Nebraska football.
Yea I don’t think their is much chance of him becoming a back. His talents will be more beneficial as a WR or slot guy. Doesn’t have the body to be an SEC back.
I know it usually goes without saying. But after listening to his post commitment interview, Wandale seems like a great kid. Very well spoken to be so young.
For those of you who have not seen it, here is a link to his commitment video that was produced by the Herald-Leader. He looks pretty built in this video, in my opinion.

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/high-sch...11535.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Great pick up for Cats. Need playmakers