Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Randy Moss to New England
ESPN just broke it and said the deal is in place and by the end of the day he will no longer be in Oakland.
This is awesome. Moss has always wanted to be a winner. Bellichek (sp) will put him in one of the most productive offenses in the league. I'd say the Patriots will win this years superbowl. Their defense is also stacked now with the addition of Addalius (sp) Thomas.
this will either be really good or really bad and with bellicheck in charge in new england im gonna say good because he just wont put up with it.
Nobody in their right mind would pass up New England, but I'm surprised Moss is leaving Oakland after the drafted JaMarcus Russel, who would be a mobile quarterbacker like Culpepper and who can also go deep like Culpepper. I understand wanting to go be on a winner, but New England's style of play doesn't seem to be Moss' style of ball, and Brady isn't the heave-ho long ball type that fits Moss' style.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Well, I guess you can say that Tom Brady has gotten 2 Christmas gifts this offseason in obtaining Stallworth and Moss. Great move New England as I think Billicheck will straighten Moss out and return him to the player in which he once was. Or may I restate that and say ...MOSS FINALLY HAS A QB THAT CAN GET HIM THE BALL!
He will be straightened out in New England no doubt about it, atleast hes finally on a team thats always a contender.
I think its good that he is gone. He was very unhappy in Oakland because the lack of touches he got and he showed how unhappy he was by his play on the field. The Raiders though have had a great draft so far. They got a WR from UTEP in Higgins, Kiper said he was very quick, they return Jerry Porter after he was suspended for half the season last year, aquired Mike Williams(WR from USC via Detroit), got a big TE from Arizona State, two defensive ends one from GA and tOSU to go along with Jamarcus Russell and Michael Bush. Don't forget they also got the RB from the Indianapolis Colts that tore it up in the Super Bowl. I think they will struggle for a little bit, but its only a matter of time that the Silver and Black gets back to their old ways. Just win baby, I'm really excited on how well they've done up to this point.
Im happy that Moss could get out of Oakland and go to a proven winner in New England. I dont like the Pats all that much but they are way better for Moss than Oakland was. Moss wasnt as much trouble as people make him out to be. He just didnt get the ball enough and who could blame him for playing the way he did, I would do the same if I was the caliber of player Moss has been in his career. He would have already been close to Rices records if not for being in Oakland.
You know someone on here said that this wouldn't work out because Brady isnt the long ball type of passer, if you think about it with the addition of Moss and Stallworth, this will only give Brady the oppurtunity to air it out more than he has ever before. Not only do they have those 2 options, but they also added Kelley Washington to an already scary receiving core, plus they have the young back in Lawrence Maroney who will carry the majority of the load this season. The Patriots have always been known for their hard nosed stout defense, but now with these off-season acquisitions, this team will be once again a Super Bowl contender and it wouldn't surprise me if we see them in the final game come next february.
-STATS- Wrote:You know someone on here said that this wouldn't work out because Brady isnt the long ball type of passer, if you think about it with the addition of Moss and Stallworth, this will only give Brady the oppurtunity to air it out more than he has ever before. Not only do they have those 2 options, but they also added Kelley Washington to an already scary receiving core, plus they have the young back in Lawrence Maroney who will carry the majority of the load this season. The Patriots have always been known for their hard nosed stout defense, but now with these off-season acquisitions, this team will be once again a Super Bowl contender and it wouldn't surprise me if we see them in the final game come next february.

I said that and I stand by it and the addition of Moss and Stallworth won't make Brady a long ball passer. I doubt they'll switch their entire offensive gameplan, along with Brady's style of passing, just to fit two new receivers.

Maybe they will, but it doesn't seem New England's style to change to fit personnel.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
we will see if Randy Moss has got it now Mr. Brady will get him the ball.
i kinda would have rather seen jamarcus russel throwing him the ball
t-cat50 Wrote:i kinda would have rather seen jamarcus russel throwing him the ball

Me too, it would have been similar to Culpepper when Moss first came in the league and produced a lot.
BFritz Wrote:Me too, it would have been similar to Culpepper when Moss first came in the league and produced a lot.

I agree. The Pats have more of a ball control type passing game. Im sure they will take some shots down the field with Moss, but I don't see them changing the whole scheme.
Also......Bill Belichick is going to get a small taste as to what Bill Parcells went though last year with TO being in Dallas. Every other question he's asked will be about Moss. Don't be too quick to proclaim New England the Super Bowl Champs. Remember this, the best teams on paper don't always live up to the hype. No matter how much talent you have, you still have to have chemistry.
Nice move for Randy
he should do great with tom bradey
all_region_player Wrote:he should do great with tom bradey

See, I look at Brady as more of a pocket passer, one who completes short-to-medium routes, where I see Moss as a deep ball receiver and not much else.
Glad to see Moss get out of Oakland.
If everyone on this team stays healthy and if they can get along then i think its safe to say that they will be Super Bowl Champs.