Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fulton County @ Russellville 9/28/18
Fulton County (4-1) makes the long haul to Russellville (2-4) for a 1A District 1 matchup.

These two teams have been moving from opposite ends of the continuum with this game giving some indication just how close they are to meeting. This game has been a far gone conclusion for several years, so much that Fulton County decided to forfeit last year. The intrigue is warranted though, even if Russellville is viewed as a solid favorite.

It has been a great story for the Pilots to this point. Will they be able to hang around in these games as the schedule gets tougher? No matter, it appears they have already guarenteed a minimum of a .500 record for the season with another meeting with Fulton City still to come. Just feeling like they have a shot in this game seems to be a win for high school football.

Russellville is down, way down. It would be interesting to hear from the Panther faithful. Coincidently, the county program seems to be overwhelmingly improved and could be one factor. The Panthers are at home and ready to prove they haven't fallen to the pits of class 1A. Their strength of schedule has been hugely tougher than the Pilots' but they have been thrashed in all four losses. A tightly contested game with a weak Butler County team has created the biggest question mark. It appears Russellville is trying to move on from a run dominate offense they used for years. Implementing the pass, they have become statistically balanced. This could be a game changer as Fulton County hasn't faced any resemblance of a passing offense this season.
I would have never guess I would be picking Fulton County in a close one. :popcorn:

Fulton County 35
Russellville 28
Props to Fulton county that we can even consider a win for them.
Russellville by 12
rookie57 Wrote:Props to Fulton county that we can even consider a win for them.

Fulton is 4-1 and ranked #4 in 1A
Real Badman Wrote:Fulton is 4-1 and ranked #4 in 1A

Ranked number 4 in what poll?
The Charles, Milsap, and Wonder computer rankings?
Or the Litkenhous ratings, which is the same
thing.
Real Badman Wrote:Fulton is 4-1 and ranked #4 in 1A

You missed the point.
Litmus test for me on 2 computer systems. Maxpreps has Fulton by 7 but Massey has Russelville big.
This should be a close game. Fulton may actually have the better team this year. Hard to believe, but, they are much improved and Russellville is way down.
Can the Pilots stop the pass? Will they get over the mental barrier? Hope they do, but I see Russellville winning by 18
Russ is too much but the fact that the Pilots are getting some mention says volumes on their improvement granted Russ is way down