Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland 14 Ironton (OH) 7
Final
Can’t even give Assland a hard time about this one! It’s very hard to go to Ironton and win! Your down 21 when u get off the bus
Wow! Congratulations but I am extremely shocked. Sounds like Ironton played some sound defense.
Putty tats escape again. Ironton D pretty sound. Thier offense on the other hand was not very good.
Congrats to Kittens.
Ironton’s new coach is getting his team to play very hard. Still the best home field in our area over at Tanks Memorial Stadium. Give the guy a couple of years and I believe he will have Ironton back to being an elite team. Very impressed with their effort and hitting.

Ashland, on the other hand, looks like they have been reading their newspaper rankings. Unless some things change in a big way, they won’t get the job done against Johnson Central this year.
Way to go Cats!
Congrats Ashland
Congrats to the cats but whole game was a epic struggle for both sides was really surprised Ashland never pulled away
Congrats Ashland on the win
Congratulations Ashland on your W.

Sounds like it was a closer game than many expected it to be.
Ashland seemed as though on the radio they were just sleepwalking through this one. Lucky to come away with a win. I agree Ironton in a few years will be better.
Ironton played great D but that Ashland D held Ironton to 98 total yards. 84 rushing 14 passing. Defense for the Cats came to play. 2 straight weeks that D has held their opponent under 100. Offense didn’t show up. Lucky to escape Tank with the W. 5-0 and plenty to work on next week.