Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayne Co. 57 Warren East 40
Wayne Co 57 Warren East 40 Final

Former Wayne Co. Coach Jeff Griffith was honored in pregame of this late starting and late ending matchup.

Warren East had a 34-20 lead at the half. Wonder what Coach Shawn Thompson said to the Cardinals during halftime? Whatever he said it sure worked. Totally different ballgame the last two quarters.
It’s not what he said at halftime. It is what he and his staff have instilled in this program over the last decade. ALWAYS COMPETE. We talked about it during this game. Shawn Thompson teams expect to win. Play hard and do your job and good things will happen. There is not panic when behind but resolve. When someone goes down it is next man up. It has been that way for a decade and the current players have witnessed it since grade school. It’s a winning mentality that all successful programs have.

I’m sure adjustments are made but the motivation has always been go do your job, compete and we will win.
R&B, I agree with you totally about the winning culture that has been developed with Wayne Co. Football and I know the coaching staff made all the right adjustments. I also have a strong hunch that Stone Cold Shawn Thompson was more than likely peeling paint off the locker room walls during his half time discussions with his team. The combination of preparation, motivation and dedication with this program over the last decade has been most impressive.
Way to go Cardinals!
RED&BLACK Wrote:It’s not what he said at halftime. It is what he and his staff have instilled in this program over the last decade. ALWAYS COMPETE. We talked about it during this game. Shawn Thompson teams expect to win. Play hard and do your job and good things will happen. There is not panic when behind but resolve. When someone goes down it is next man up. It has been that way for a decade and the current players have witnessed it since grade school. It’s a winning mentality that all successful programs have.

I’m sure adjustments are made but the motivation has always been go do your job, compete and we will win.

He should wear red and black for The Colonels Smile
pjdoug Wrote:He should wear red and black for The Colonels Smile

PJDoug you are openly on this trying to recute coaches after talking about everyone else for the same thing 😂
Patriot1 Wrote:PJDoug you are openly on this trying to recute coaches after talking about everyone else for the same thing 😂

He hasn’t read the book the art of the deal yet. Closed door meeting are better on the recruitment trail.🐍
Congrats to Wayne. Nice win for Cards
Congrats to Wayne Co. Good luck next week.
RED&BLACK Wrote:It’s not what he said at halftime. It is what he and his staff have instilled in this program over the last decade. ALWAYS COMPETE. We talked about it during this game. Shawn Thompson teams expect to win. Play hard and do your job and good things will happen. There is not panic when behind but resolve. When someone goes down it is next man up. It has been that way for a decade and the current players have witnessed it since grade school. It’s a winning mentality that all successful programs have.

It sounded like special teams play was a big key for the Cardinals. They recovered an onside kick, ran a kickoff back for a touchdown and downed 2 punts inside the 5 that helped lead to safeties.
Walt Longmire Wrote:It sounded like special teams play was a big key for the Cardinals. They recovered an onside kick, ran a kickoff back for a touchdown and downed 2 punts inside the 5 that helped lead to safeties.

The defense scored 22 points.

Wayne Co. special teams had a good night with an onside recovery, td on a punt block, a kick return, and punter Stephen Radilla putting WE inside their own 10 4 times.