Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moeller 21 Trinity 14
Final.

T is 0-3 for the first time since 2013 I believe
They will right the ship against Ky. Schools. Are the kids that were injured in the first couple games going to be able to come back this season?
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Killer's row schedule. It will get easier when they start playing district teams.
Shamrocks are down a little, but not much Smile
pjdoug Wrote:Shamrocks are down a little, but not much Smile

possibly still win 6a that tuff schedule pays off if can stay healthy
I lost this game in my Pick 'ems!

Sad
Did this game end early?
E's Army Wrote:Did this game end early?

Yep sometime in the third quarter
Trinity blocked a punt and returned for touchdown. Moeller also muffed a punt and Rocks had short drive and led 14-0 early. Moeller used big screen play, punt block, and a long pass play and led 21-14 at half. Trinity failed to score opening drive of second half and lightning was spotted well before game was stopped with 7:38 in third quarter. At this point Trinity was outgained approx. 240 to 80. Safety may be out for season per radio broadcast team. I heard Dingle would miss a month. Running back Smith will play vs Male. Running back McGuire is out 4-6 weeks with strained MCL.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Final.

2014-opened 0-5, won 10 in a row to take state title.
thsrocks Wrote:2014-opened 0-5, won 10 in a row to take state title.

What was Moeller D and O lines like? Did they have good passing game?
Had this been a full 4 quarter game do you think Trinity could have won or was Moeller controlling the tempo at the point of interruption?
Trinity is without question, down. They simply don't have as many "dudes" as they usually have and they got some guys injured.

They are still the favorite along w/Male to win the state title.

Wow! Not use to seeing Trinity have this many losers this early. Has the dynasty ended?
Need to get back on the recruiting trail soon!
Orange Blaze Wrote:Had this been a full 4 quarter game do you think Trinity could have won or was Moeller controlling the tempo at the point of interruption?

Trinity could have come back, but the momentum was firmly with Moeller. If the game had continued Trinity would've kept it respectable, but even as a Trinity fan I firmly believe Moeller would've won.

#55PirateFan Wrote:Wow! Not use to seeing Trinity have this many losers this early. Has the dynasty ended?

It's a bit early to celebrate their demise, but if they lose to anybody in-state other than Male this year, I will be worried.
thsrocks Wrote:2014-opened 0-5, won 10 in a row to take state title.

I need to do my homework a little better. The last time Trinity started 0-3 was 2003. They went 0-4, beat St. X and won ten more in a row to win the state title. 2014 was 0-2....then ran the table.

Actually started 1-3 in 2013 and finished 6-6. Beat Carmel IN the second game of season.
sstack Wrote:What was Moeller D and O lines like? Did they have good passing game?

Their lines are large, as usual. Their DBs are very good and very tall. The QB can throw when asked to. They have a 230 ib fullback that is next to impossible for one man to bring down. Their new coach wants to RUN, RUN, RUN, then throw it just enough to keep a defense honest. Trinity would not have won this game with the number of folks out right now.

Trinity was missing a D1 safety vs Moeller and may be missing a D1 defensive end for a couple of games. The Rocks were missing two senior running backs-one of which will return this week. The punter/tight end suffered an apparent ankle injury when his punt was blocked by Moeller. Coach Beatty will tinker with the machine and come up with a solution. Trinity will rely more heavily on talented group of sophomores.

For those who care, Trinity defeated the Moeller freshman squad 34-31 and the JV squad 17-6. Moeller's only points in the JV game came on a fake punt pass play.......here's hoping the Crusaders renew the series for the next few years.