Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
George Rogers Clark @ Anderson County 8/17
George Rogers Clark travels to take on Anderson County. Anderson County should have the horses to make a deep run in the playoffs this season. Who you got?
I have always liked the Bearcats. I'll take them by 14.
Anderson County by 10
Anderson County 35-14.
Anderson will be very good , well coached an some really talented transfer coming in. I'd say 42 -14 anderson
This game will be interesting. Anderson County is hard to figure. They have 5 Division 1 players and the Dearinger kid that plays DE is a Power 5 caliber player. They also have 5 or 6 other kids that could play NAIA level football. That’s a lot of talent. The problem lies in the number of players on their team. They usually suit up between 35 and 45 kids. For 5A that is ridiculous. They backups are bad at almost every position and all of their top kids go 2 ways. If they are playing a 1A to 3A school they are amazing. GRC is 6A. I still think with Sam Harp coaching they get the win but playing programs that do not have to play kids 2 ways will be an issue for Anderson this year.
Anderson by 10
BoyleCo Wrote:This game will be interesting. Anderson County is hard to figure. They have 5 Division 1 players and the Dearinger kid that plays DE is a Power 5 caliber player. They also have 5 or 6 other kids that could play NAIA level football. That’s a lot of talent. The problem lies in the number of players on their team. They usually suit up between 35 and 45 kids. For 5A that is ridiculous. They backups are bad at almost every position and all of their top kids go 2 ways. If they are playing a 1A to 3A school they are amazing. GRC is 6A. I still think with Sam Harp coaching they get the win but playing programs that do not have to play kids 2 ways will be an issue for Anderson this year.

Who are the 5 D-1 guys they have?
Anderson County Division 1 talent:
1) Darion Dearinger 6’ 3 240 DE ranked 3rd best 2021 in state regardless of position. Freshman All State, Middle School All American. Interest from Cincinnati, Indiana, UL, Eastern, TN Martin...
2) Colton Cornish 6’ 4 230 LB, Interest from Ball State, Murray State, Miami (OH), Toledo ...
3) Ryan Stratton 6’ 6 320 OL, not currently being recruited but training as Aspirations and getting some looks already. He will play D1. FCS maybe but you never know, just a sophomore.
4) Zach Labhart 6’ 2 195, Athlete. He is a baseball kid so he will most likely play D1 baseball somewhere possibly D2. I don’t know much baseball. I do know if he chose to play college football and go to camps he would play at least D1 FCS. Ask anyone who has seen him play. I watched him play at Team KY in middle school and now in HS. He is legit.
5) Charles Collins 5’ 11 170, Athlete. So this one may be a stretch, but I watched him at Montgomery County and he was special. Looked good at Anderson camp this year also. Didn’t see their scrimmage but I heard he was great again. I don’t know if he is hitting any camps but I do know he is good enough to play FCS ball as a WR.

You disagree??