Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update on Gillispie Recruiting!!!!!
This was posted on the "Rupp Rafters" Forum on Rivals.com, and I thought I would pass it along. According to WLAP, 'ole Billy has already contacted 3 High School coaches regarding recruits, and has texted and called Steffphon Pettigrew and Jai Lucas. It was also reported that he has been in contact with 4-Star Center, Anthony McClain out of Maryland. This guy is all business. I was excited yesterday, but this guy is really backing up what he was saying during yesterday's press conference. Here's the link:
http://kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?f...88&style=2
Wow this is awesome. He is really staying true to his word and Im getting really anxious for next season already!
I look for him to get Mcclain because he can now offer him immediate playing time with the departure of Morris. Has anyone heard any news on the big kid from England that Tubby had coming in.
Tubby Hater Wrote:I look for him to get Mcclain because he can now offer him immediate playing time with the departure of Morris. Has anyone heard any news on the big kid from England that Tubby had coming in.
I didn't know Tubby had a guy from England coming in. What all do you know, TH?
His name is Mike Williams he is from England but now going to high school in VA. He is another 7 ft project Tubby was so famous for bringing in and waisting a scholarship on.
Tubby Hater Wrote:His name is Mike Williams he is from England but now going to high school in VA. He is another 7 ft project Tubby was so famous for bringing in and waisting a scholarship on.

I was on Rivals a few months back and it said he had already signed his LOI. I looked up some info on his team and they didnt do to hot last season, atleast thats what it showed on their school site.
It seems as if he has started pretty quickly. I look for him to get someone to sign a LOI within the next week and a half.
Tubby is a great guy and an awesome coach but his recruting hurt em!!!!!
He can't drag his feet if he is going to impress THIS state and get the fans behind him but I am really happy that he has taken so much initiative this quickly to try his hardest to get the ball rolling. Hopefully with what UK can offer we can get some key freshman.

thetribe Wrote:He can't drag his feet if he is going to impress THIS state and get the fans behind him but I am really happy that he has taken so much initiative this quickly to try his hardest to get the ball rolling. Hopefully with what UK can offer we can get some key freshman.
He will/has NEVER dragged his feet. This is one of the hardest working coaches in the NCAAs. You don't get from a high school coach to the coach of UK in less than a decade without being hard working. He will be GREAT at UK.
Does anyone know more on Jordan? If he was going to Tex A&M because of Gillispie then why won't coach call him up now?
Amun-Ra Wrote:Does anyone know more on Jordan? If he was going to Tex A&M because of Gillispie then why won't coach call him up now?
Not allowed to have contact with a player that has already signed a LOI to play with another school. Jordan has to call Gillispie.
Beef Wrote:Not allowed to have contact with a player that has already signed a LOI to play with another school. Jordan has to call Gillispie.
Sorry i knew that, dont know what i was talking about. Jordan can however contact him. Hope he does.