Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central 10 Hazard 1 (54th District Championship)
Final from Perry Central. Congrats Commodores!
Who pitched for Hazard?
Didn’t see this coming!
Anybody that was at the game care to tell what happened?
Elite Eagle Wrote:Didn’t see this coming!
Anybody that was at the game care to tell what happened?

Cottongame and Morris started Morris was out by the third inning I believe. Walked fields to open the game and Cottongame hit a triple down left field line, was downhill from there. Hazard pitched Napier, Blair, and Baker following Morris.
Round 4 should be a classic.
rawlingsfan Wrote:Round 4 should be a classic.

You're right, except it's only round 3 and it will be between Estill and Perry, but it may have to be in the Semis depending on the draw.
jumpshooter Wrote:You're right, except it's only round 3 and it will be between Estill and Perry, but it may have to be in the Semis depending on the draw.

I disagree
Base_Ball Wrote:I disagree

Why? Someone explain this to me. What if Hazard draws Knott? They just beat them. Going to be a cakewalk? I am by no means saying that Perry and Hazard can not meet in the region final, but so many on here are so certain that its going to happen. I just want to know the reasoning behind the logic.
jumpshooter Wrote:Why? Someone explain this to me. What if Hazard draws Knott? They just beat them. Going to be a cakewalk? I am by no means saying that Perry and Hazard can not meet in the region final, but so many on here are so certain that its going to happen. I just want to know the reasoning behind the logic.

The logic is the two best teams are on the opposite side of the bracket and one of them has home field advantage TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho

But! Anything can happen and pitching will definitely come into play since the games are so close together.
Dixon has been at PCC since 1996. Meehan at Hazard as head coach since 2000. Breathitt, KCC, Powell and Jackson have first yr coaches. Maggard 3rd season at LCC, Crowe 4th as head coach at Estill. Hazard and PCC have met in regional championship the last two years.

Meehan and Dixon have 10 regional championships between them. Rest of the field has a combined W-L of 3-5 in tournament, 0-4 vs. Hazard and PCC.

Logic says it's going to be an all.54th dstrict final.