Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel Coach holding workouts at Pineville?
Rumor Has It.... Brad Sizemore held workouts at Pineville High School at last night. Couple of Questions come to mind: 1.I know Brad is trying to land a new job, didnt think he would push for the Pineville job, thought he wanted the Mason Co. job.? 2.What does all of the North Laurel faithful think about this? I know they have voiced their complaints about somethings that have gone on under his watch. Thanks for taking my call I will hang up and listen.
Another thing to look at, is it possible that their gym was/is getting work done to ti and Pineville was the only close gym that they could use?
If true, a couple things come to mind.

1.) Nothing wrong with him holding workouts, if people want to pay him then why wouldn't he hold them? A teacher can go mow yards for extra money when they want, why can't a basketball coach hold workouts for extra money in the off season or any time of season if they want?

2.) At Pineville High School, then that is on Pineville High School for giving him access to the gymnasium for the workouts.

3.) Why is he doing the workouts? Just to make extra money or is he doing the workouts to maybe draw younger kids to the North Laurel program in the future like a satelite camps. Worked well for John Calipari coaching the Dominican team years before getting Karl Anthony Towns when everyone new that is what he coached the Dominican team for was to get the highly touted at that time middle school player in Towns.

4.) If he isn't doing it to sell the North Laurel program, then is the extra money you make doing the workouts worth making a regional opposition better? To me I think the risk wouldn't outweight the reward for Sizemore and I would do the exact same.
Strikeout King Wrote:Another thing to look at, is it possible that their gym was/is getting work done to ti and Pineville was the only close gym that they could use?

Rumor Has it... Facts are:
1.He sold his house in London
2.There 11 Elementary gyms, 2 Middle Schools, another High School, an Optimism Club in London. Plus Sue Bennett's gym.
3.He still holds workouts on Thursdays at North Laurel High
4.He did interview at Mason Co.

Questions:
1.Did he get the Mason job?
2.Is Pineville looking to make a big hire?
3.Is Tim Sizemore looking to take over? (Has Been coaching North's team lately)
4.Can he coach without Roscoe?
RumorMill Wrote:Rumor Has it... Facts are:
1.He sold his house in London
2.There 11 Elementary gyms, 2 Middle Schools, another High School, an Optimism Club in London. Plus Sue Bennett's gym.
3.He still holds workouts on Thursdays at North Laurel High
4.He did interview at Mason Co.

Questions:
1.Did he get the Mason job?
2.Is Pineville looking to make a big hire?
3.Is Tim Sizemore looking to take over? (Has Been coaching North's team lately)
4.Can he coach without Roscoe?

To me doesn't matter how many gyms are anywhere, he is a step ahead of the game if he is doing satelite workouts across the south eastern part of the state. Anything to sell his program good for him.

Don't know if sold his house.

Dont know if he got Mason County, don't think they have hired anyone yet.

Where is Tim Sizemore coaching them now? In open gyms, they aren't playing game until school is out.
I really don't see nothing wrong with going to other counties or school districts or having those kids come to you and charging them for workouts. Now I don't like the fact of charging your own kids for workouts though. If I am the coach at Hartman County High School for example, i dont like the head coach charging any kid in that school district K-12 for workouts, that is his program coming up and if you are charging for workouts, a lot of parents will think you owe them in the long run because of what they gave you before.

Now charging outside of district or feeder schools, I am fine. Show the other districts this is the kind of coaching you can get if you move to my district.
If you charge kids in your own district for a workout. It's a camp.
All of what I've read just seems weird to me. I know nothing about this dude or his program/school. Interesting stuff though.
Explorer Wrote:If you charge kids in your own district for a workout. It's a camp.

No, they just said he has workouts every Thursdays

The North Laurel basketball camp is scheduled for June 11-14 so two different things.
Man some of y’all are a special kind of stupid. His brother in law Ben Madon is doing workouts at Pineville for ANY kid that wants to come and there is a player from North that goes to the workout once a week to train for strength and agility. Brad came to see him workout with his wife and kids because currently they are living in Pineville until they buy a new house in London. He isn’t holding workouts, camps, clinics etc anywhere other than North. This could be the dumbest thread to date on this site and that’s saying a lot lol
I hear Brad has a really good shot at getting the Mason Co job.
Coach Maxey Wrote:Man some of y’all are a special kind of stupid. His brother in law Ben Madon is doing workouts at Pineville for ANY kid that wants to come and there is a player from North that goes to the workout once a week to train for strength and agility. Brad came to see him workout with his wife and kids because currently they are living in Pineville until they buy a new house in London. He isn’t holding workouts, camps, clinics etc anywhere other than North. This could be the dumbest thread to date on this site and that’s saying a lot lol

There you all have it then. However, if he was holding them nothing wrong with it, he ahead of the curve on high school level.

College football, Michigan or every program in the nation but Michigan example go hold camps in warm weather places where their coaches are the coaches to evaluate. So instead of making a kid from Houston come to Michigan for a camp, they had a camp in Houston to get 200 kids there and only be looking at 10 of them. But NCAA said it was an advantage to the bigger schools and not don't allow unless within certain amount of miles of college campus.
ky playmaker Wrote:I hear Brad has a really good shot at getting the Mason Co job.

Who would be net at North Laurel, Billy Carson or Tim Sizemore?
That would be a helluva job. Middle school is loaded, pays a WHOLE LOT more, Basically a one high school county, unbelievable elementary program, keep your money for the camps YOU do as the coach, easiest district in the state, and biggest of all you dont have to deal with the bullshit rules of the administration of Laurel County. Mason Co is a Top 5-10 job in the state I definitely wouldnt blame him for taking the job! North Laurel is about to go through a couple of rough seasons if it were me I'd have been out long before now.
Platinum & Gold Wrote:No, they just said he has workouts every Thursdays

The North Laurel basketball camp is scheduled for June 11-14 so two different things.

:okay:
Coach Maxey Wrote:That would be a helluva job. Middle school is loaded, pays a WHOLE LOT more, Basically a one high school county, unbelievable elementary program, keep your money for the camps YOU do as the coach, easiest district in the state, and biggest of all you dont have to deal with the bullshit rules of the administration of Laurel County. Mason Co is a Top 5-10 job in the state I definitely wouldnt blame him for taking the job! North Laurel is about to go through a couple of rough seasons if it were me I'd have been out long before now.
and you can draw kids in from ohio is another big plus
ky playmaker Wrote:and you can draw kids in from ohio is another big plus

Both Setty boys were from Ohio I believe.
Thank you Coach Maxey for clearing some things up for me. For those of you who don’t know me, I am Brads brother in law and I am doing some personal training with MAD academy. I will make it clear who I am and not hide behind a user name to post untrue rumors. Brad and my sister brought their kids down for around 5 minutes to watch me do this. If anybody would like to know more info on my personal training and who I am training I will gladly talk with anybody about it. I also have flyers on Facebook if anybody would like to help me advertise, I would appreciate it!
Coach Maxey Wrote:That would be a helluva job. Middle school is loaded, pays a WHOLE LOT more, Basically a one high school county, unbelievable elementary program, keep your money for the camps YOU do as the coach, easiest district in the state, and biggest of all you dont have to deal with the bullshit rules of the administration of Laurel County. Mason Co is a Top 5-10 job in the state I definitely wouldnt blame him for taking the job! North Laurel is about to go through a couple of rough seasons if it were me I'd have been out long before now.

Pump your brakes big guy, no need to yell.So are you for North or not? Is Sizemore leaving? And if you claim that this is the dumbest thread ever, why do you keep posting on it?
Ben Madon Wrote:Thank you Coach Maxey for clearing some things up for me. For those of you who don’t know me, I am Brads brother in law and I am doing some personal training with MAD academy. I will make it clear who I am and not hide behind a user name to post untrue rumors. Brad and my sister brought their kids down for around 5 minutes to watch me do this. If anybody would like to know more info on my personal training and who I am training I will gladly talk with anybody about it. I also have flyers on Facebook if anybody would like to help me advertise, I would appreciate it!

Rumor Has It...Thank You Mr. Madon! Thank you clearing the Rumor Mill up. Best of luck to you and MAD. And GO JAGS!
I'm going to close this one, folks.