Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virge Eagles Middle School State Champs!!!
Virgie 35
Jackson St 33
Way to go Eagles!!
Kentucky Middle School Champs!!!
All Tourney----Ashley Hatfield and Taylor Newsome
Tourney MVP--Daniel Harmon
The Eagles finish the year 39-1. Their only loss coming to an Indiana team by one.
Way to go Virgie. I bet SV will be pretty good in years to come.
[GO EAGLES GO!

WHAT A VICTORY!
Eagles all the way baby! I'm so proud of my guys...I knew we could do it! By the way....does anyone have a clue how bad South Floyd got beat in their game? I was j/w because all of the SF ppl talked so much about how unbelievably good those guys were and look who's the state champs! I love you guys!

Much Love*
Mwah
"svwildcatfan" Wrote:Eagles all the way baby! I'm so proud of my guys...I knew we could do it! By the way....does anyone have a clue how bad South Floyd got beat in their game? I was j/w because all of the SF ppl talked so much about how unbelievably good those guys were and look who's the state champs! I love you guys!

Much Love*
Mwah
South Floyd lost by 28 to Jackson Street and 21 (I think) to a team that was eliminated in the second round by Grayson County.
Congrats Virgie.
congrats virgie
Congrats Virgie. Great to see a mountain team do so well.
way to go Harmon, Hatfield and the rest of the gang
Virgie state champs...way to show them how good the mountains are!
Congrats Virgie thats how you play ball show the up staters what eastern Ky is all about.
Congrats to Virgie!!! No wonder they were talkin with youall on The Sports Guys.....just shows how good you are....congrats and enjoy! Big Grin
Congrats great to hear.
but the south floyd people said they where better lol
of course they are going to say that....
congrads to virgie in state! Couldnt ask for more...
Way to go Virgie !
Lets not sterotype all South Floyd people because I don't recall all of them saying things about the middle schools of Virgie and Dorton. I know Virgies Coach pretty good and he is a class guy that does a fantastic job every year.
if those from virgie were in highschool that got held back like 8 years............this wuldnt have happened sure its a great win but seriously u got 16 year olds playing
thats true WE
i wish they would have had a state tournament my 7th grade year...
LM dont take this away from them sure they have hold backs but only one is a substantial age to where u can complain.
"liveMAROON" Wrote:if those from virgie were in highschool that got held back like 8 years............this wuldnt have happened sure its a great win but seriously u got 16 year olds playing

I know Pikeville has holdbacks on their 7th and 8th grade teams so what is their excuse?
Congrats to Virgie...even if ppl are held back you got it done so who cares what other ppl think
This whole hold back thing is kind of overrated, not like complaining about it will take them out of the game, after all their hold backs played didn't they? Yeah, thought so. Virgie won this tournament because they're the best team in the state, period.
I disagree Jay
Take a 12 or 13 year old and play them against 15 and 16 years olds.
You limit it to age not grade. Common sense need to be used.
i congratulate the Eagles in their victory.
Age limitation is a thought.
You know as the AAU does.
Virgie only has one kid that shouldnt b playing Gade School ball when u get down to it the won this tournament so stop whinning about ages their the best team in the state point blank get over it ppl.
Well take this into account, probably over three-fourths of every team fielded in that middle school tournament had atleast 1 MAJOR contributor that was indeed a holdback.
http://www.playkba.com ( I think)

has all the scores, brackets and all tournament listed for the middle school state tournament.
Thanks for the link, I will check it out later.
nice point Jay
Honestly , not meaning to take anything away from the kids on the team ,because they DID earn it and they DO deserve it...............................
But there will always be an * beside this title in my mind........................
and I am not referring to "holdbacks". :? :? :?