Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trent Green or David Carr
It seems that the Miami Dolphins are close to closing a deal with the chiefs for Trent Green but now many think that David Carr could sneak into the picture. Who do you guys think would be a better fit? The young gunslinger or the wise old veteran?
Or perhaps should they stick with Daunte Culpepper?
they should get Carr...Green is a good QB, but one that has had some pretty severe concussions the past few years, and Green is around 36 or 37 if Im not mistaken. Carr, although beaten to a pulp in his years in Houston, still has several good years left in him, and it would be very interesting to see just how good he is with even an adequate offensive line. The O-line in Houston was the worst ever assembled (even worse than the Browns from '99 on), and got him killed on a regular basis..he'll ask for more money, but he'll be worth it..
Still Think Green Is Better.
I still have high hopes for Culpepper! I want to see him return to the days of old, but those days may be far behind him now.

I really dont think Carr would ask for more money. I would think that anyone leaving Houston would take a pay cut in a heartbeat to get out of that place. Everyone short of Andre Johnson. He could go anywhere he wanted and practically get paid anything i think
id take carr. green is one of the better qbs in the league and i really think that he has been underated for a while now. really good just toold, carr has more years ahead of him. as for culpepper, i justdont think he can get the job done. he had two great years, but he is so inconsistant and plays bad a lot more thatn he plays good.
Carr...he is young and i think if you gave this kid a good line in front of him, then he might be able to do somethings.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:they should get Carr...Green is a good QB, but one that has had some pretty severe concussions the past few years, and Green is around 36 or 37 if Im not mistaken. Carr, although beaten to a pulp in his years in Houston, still has several good years left in him, and it would be very interesting to see just how good he is with even an adequate offensive line. The O-line in Houston was the worst ever assembled (even worse than the Browns from '99 on), and got him killed on a regular basis..he'll ask for more money, but he'll be worth it..
I would take Carr like you said he may shine if he had a decent offensive line.
I can't say because Green is a veteran but prone to get the crap kicked out of him, and being with the Texans always made Carr look bad. Green's too old too
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:I can't say because Green is a veteran but prone to get the crap kicked out of him, and being with the Texans always made Carr look bad. Green's too old too
Carr is also proned to getting the crap kicked out of him.
I would take trent green any day.I just thank David carr is not a very good QB.
green all the way.
Greed is definately a better qb. if you would pick him up and draft a qb for green to just take under his wing for 1 or 2 years then that would be great.
Culpepper is going to be released by Miami and Oakland will reunite him with Moss.
rallo316 Wrote:Culpepper is going to be released by Miami and Oakland will reunite him with Moss.
Bold statement, and it better happen soon before Oakland can draft Russel or Quinn.

But it would be interesting to see if they could bomb deep balls like they did for the Vikings.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
i say give culpepper another chance he tried last year but wasn't in my opion completly healthy
I would stick with Daunte as well. He should be back to full health this upcoming season as last season he was still nursing the knee injury. Stick with Culpepper he is still in his good playing days.