Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Tournament
Kickin' it off tomorrow!!! My bracket prediction looks like this.

Hazard-Cordia---- Hazard
Estill-Wolfe---- Estill
Breathitt-Knott---- Knott
Perry-Powell---- Perry

Hazard-Estill---- Estill
Knott-Perry---- Knott

Championship

Estill-Knott---- Estill (64-57)

Estill goes to RUPP for the first time in school history!!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:There was never a consideration that Cordia high school would not finish this school year!

I know you're a pretty smart guy, KF35.
But I didn't realize you were capable of knowing what teenagers were thinking at all times.
SmileyTown Wrote:PCC has won 7 regional titles since being a high school 97 99 2000 04 05 11 17 in that span Hazard has won 3 titles 01 08 09 the three times they met in the finals Hazard has won all three. You can check it on the Riherds official site although they only go back to 99 and do not show their 97 title the first year they won the region and the second year of their existence. Big Al was their coach then and also had won titles in 94 and 95 at M. C. Napier. Zaga is right they have not beaten Hazard in the regional final since being a high school although they have won the vast majority of the 54th district meetings between the two schools.

Hazard went 5 times in that span, you left out 1998 and 2006
zaga_fan Wrote:I know you're a pretty smart guy, KF35.
But I didn't realize you were capable of knowing what teenagers were thinking at all times.

My point was that the players knew they would get to finish this year out. Just like the seniors knew they would graduate from Cordia high school.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:My point was that the players knew they would get to finish this year out. Just like the seniors knew they would graduate from Cordia high school.

They did not immediately know that was the case.
Which is why I said "a few weeks ago."
CADEREECE Wrote:Hazard went 5 times in that span, you left out 1998 and 2006

You are correct Hazard went in 06 it is on the Riherds site I overlooked that their site only goes back to 99 so I Didn't know about 98 my bad. Zaga is right however they have beaten Perry all 3 times they played in the regional finals! I am fairly certain however 09 was their last title!
It would be interesting to know what their overall head-to head records are since Perry was established! Does anyone know ? How would u check it?
Not sure of head to head records, but showing how successful Perry Central basketball program has been. If my records are right, in the last 21 region championship games,, Perry has played in 15 of those games.

winner 7 times (1997,1999,2000, 2004,2005,2011,2017)

runner-up 8 times (1998 to Hazard , 2003 Powell, 2008 Hazard, 2009 Hazard, 2010 Knott, 2013 Knott, 2015 Knott, 2016 Buckhorn)

I could be wrong, but think that is how it has went
zaga_fan Wrote:They did not immediately know that was the case.
Which is why I said "a few weeks ago."

Pretty sure they did!
For the record, the hearings on the school are still not official and keep getting pushed back
Crazy Horse Wrote:For the record, the hearings on the school are still not official and keep getting pushed back

So when is the hearing.....I’m assuming after regionals?
Willie_Mays_Hayes Wrote:So when is the hearing.....I’m assuming after regionals?

I watched you play for The Indians on television many years ago. Did you go from stealing bases to stealing recruits? Confusednicker:
All do respect to Cordia, I think once those talented players they have graduate, I think they will go back to being as average as June Buchanan
pjdoug Wrote:I watched you play for The Indians on television many years ago. Did you go from stealing bases to stealing recruits? Confusednicker:

“If you build it, they will come!” 🤔
Strikeout King Wrote:All do respect to Cordia, I think once those talented players they have graduate, I think they will go back to being as average as June Buchanan

Just looking over Cordia’s roster, looks like they start 2-Sophomores, 1-junior, 2-Seniors....it might be a little longer than people had hoped!
Willie_Mays_Hayes Wrote:“If you build it, they will come!” 🤔

I've heard that line of BS from other places. if it gets torn down they won't come :biggrin:
pjdoug Wrote:I've heard that line of BS from other places. if it gets torn down they won't come :biggrin:
Been trying to tear it down for the past 4 years:
Step one: get KHSAA involved, Rod or players leave result in All “A” State Title
Step two: fire Rod, Rod or players still don’t leave result in another trip to All “A” State
Step three: Rod leaves and area coaches flock to Cordia to get players to transfer to their school, result players still stay and more comes in
Step four: Close Cordia but Court Overturns it, result players still stay and win 53rd District Tournament