Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel 65 Corbin 52
Final
Ryan Anders And JJ Ramey two big dunks in this one. :worthy:
Congrats to Cards
Corbin needs to get Barton & Rice into playing condition, plus Unthank at 100% before the district tourney starts.

Good effort from the Hounds tonight. The combination of South Laurel being bigger and more physical along with shots not falling was too much to overcome to beat a very good South Laurel team in a hostile environment.
2 Big Dunks = 4 points
win is meaningless, Corbin wasn't at full speed. When they have everyone, they'll be fine.
ProudPanther Wrote:win is meaningless, Corbin wasn't at full speed. When they have everyone, they'll be fine.

Really meaningless when you're a Knox fan. Lol. Was the loss to Wayne meaningless?
in fact, yes it was... going to lose games during the course of the season. it's what happens after the loss the counts.
ProudPanther Wrote:win is meaningless, Corbin wasn't at full speed. When they have everyone, they'll be fine.
thats true but south now having a chance to get the one seed with a win at burg fri and then a coin toss with corbin is not meaningless. I would love to see a knox vs corbin first round region game.
looks like both 1 and 2 as well as 3 and 4 may be a coin flip for seeds. So i don't think the win really amounts to anything. And either way Jackets or Colonels, neither going to beat Corbin or South.
ProudPanther Wrote:looks like both 1 and 2 as well as 3 and 4 may be a coin flip for seeds. So i don't think the win really amounts to anything. And either way Jackets or Colonels, neither going to beat Corbin or South.
I know what your saying. i agree with district but i am looking on down road to region. if south gets the one seed it leaves a 33 percent chance knox vs corbin first round region game. It would help the teams like south north clay jackson lynn camp ect to get one of those teams knocked out first round
Well the seeding doesn’t do that, it’s whoever wins or loses the district championship game. South would still have to beat Corbin in district final for any chance at Knox-Corbin first round game. Assuming Knox wins their district, which surely they will. And I think district is at Corbin.
Van Hagar Wrote:Well the seeding doesn’t do that, it’s whoever wins or loses the district championship game. South would still have to beat Corbin in district final for any chance at Knox-Corbin first round game. Assuming Knox wins their district, which surely they will. And I think district is at Corbin.
thats true i had a brain fart
Nobody is gonna want to play south or Corbin in first round of region!

You say that as if it's South's fault.

They played the next team on the schedule and what they brought with them.
RealJokersWild24 Wrote:You say that as if it's South's fault.

They played the next team on the schedule and what they brought with them.

Didn't mean to suggest that at all. South played well, won the game and should be happy. Just saying that even if Corbin had won - doesn't matter. It's a 2 team district this year and they won't meet until District finals. That's why i said it was meaningless. Still a good win for South.