Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The True Gary Stepp Comments From WKCB Interview
Well I'll tell you from someone out of the JBS community.

Stepp is a good player. I would have to say he is the best in the 14th Region, with Hicks behind him.

A player is only as good as his team. A true leader leads his team to victory no matter what it takes. Hicks is a very talented player, Stepp has the 2007 Regional Championship under his belt.

Will Hicks be back next year?

I dont know if Stepp is the best PG in the state though.
Hicks is the best guard in the 14th with Puckett behind him. He is a true guard not a selfish whinning ball hog. Stepp didn't lead is team to victory, he shot 18 free throws. Hicks had 26 hard earned points. I would love to see them play one on one because Stepp can't guard Hicks. The coach has a major problem with his comments, he bragged on Stepp and Cox while putting down a very good player and did not acknowledge even the player that guarded Hicks nor his high rebounders. If you can't say they all played well, then you are showing what you are made of.
here is a list of what Hicks has under his belt
2005 wymt champs
2005 all A 14th region champs

2006 district and 14th regional champs

2007 district champ and 14th regional runner up

2005 all tourney team wymt
2006 14th region mvp and coaches association player of the year
2007 wymt all time top scorer
2007 ky all A state all tourney team
2007 14th region all tourney team
2007 14th region senior player of the year
2006 courier journal all state team

I am sure I am leaving some out because there are many tournaments the dawgs played in the last few years that he was either mvp or all tourney team so don't throw Stepps awards at me.
watchinthegame Wrote:here is a list of what Hicks has under his belt
2005 wymt champs
2005 all A 14th region champs

2006 district and 14th regional champs

2007 district champ and 14th regional runner up

2005 all tourney team wymt
2006 14th region mvp and coaches association player of the year
2007 wymt all time top scorer
2007 ky all A state all tourney team
2007 14th region all tourney team
2007 14th region senior player of the year
2006 courier journal all state team

I am sure I am leaving some out because there are many tournaments the dawgs played in the last few years that he was either mvp or all tourney team so don't throw Stepps awards at me.

I believe that Hicks was also a member of the 2004 All-A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM.
And I think that Hazard won the WYMT back-to-back in 2004 and 2005.
I bet Hicks' bedroom looks like the trophy room at HHS. lol
Didn't he also make his 1000th point this season?
JBS wont make it passed Warren Central in the first round of state...collins may end up getting DUNKED on
I say that everyone needs to support the 14th region champ. Jbs beat alot of teams in the 14th this year and if they go to state and lose by 30 or 40 then the teams that Jbs beat will look even worse. So for the sake of the respect you will get as a region I would be rooting for Jbs to make an upset.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:I believe that Hicks was also a member of the 2004 All-A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM.
And I think that Hazard won the WYMT back-to-back in 2004 and 2005.
I bet Hicks' bedroom looks like the trophy room at HHS. lol
Didn't he also make his 1000th point this season?

I think Hicks has probably scored very close to 2000 pts, but Hazard High does a poor job keeping stats and promoting their athletes, so no one really will ever know. According to the radio he is averaging 21 a game at 34 games would be around 714 pts this season alone. I do know that he has made over one hundred three pointers two years in a row now, that's an accomplishment in itself.
[quote=airball3] I would have to say he is the best in the 14th Region, with Hicks behind him.quote] Now thats just funny Smile
airball3 Wrote:Well I'll tell you from someone out of the JBS community.

Stepp is a good player. I would have to say he is the best in the 14th Region, with Hicks behind him.
A player is only as good as his team. A true leader leads his team to victory no matter what it takes. Hicks is a very talented player, Stepp has the 2007 Regional Championship under his belt.

Will Hicks be back next year?

I dont know if Stepp is the best PG in the state though.

I will agree with you.
hollister_42 Wrote:I will agree with you.
Thats even funnier
Arbys Man Wrote:Buddy I get on here and tell my problem with JBS everyday, If you would actually take the time to read instead of following Joe around everywhere you would know that. My bad you are real big and bad and I better hush before you do something. Smile Noone likes JBS and they never will, So get use to it. If you dont care what I type then why did you just type a story to me??????????
i like jbs arbys man. i am glad that you feel you can speak for everybody. the more you bash jbs, the more you show how jealous and ignorant you are. if you are so bad, then reveal your true identity. your are probably just some jealous kid who couldn't play at jbs or alc. it won't relieve the pain caused by jealousy, so quit the bashing. grow up and be a man. regardless of what you say or do, jbs won the 14th region fair and square, beating powell, breathitt, and an excellent hazard team. get over it.
watchinthegame Wrote:whether he said that he feels Clark is the best guard in the state or he said Clark is the best player in the state is basically the same to me. That is a totally arrogant and untrue remark. It is one thing to be proud of your team for winning and even be so bold as to Praise God for it but It is another thing that isn't even Godly to go out an brag so braisingly and put down a player on the other team that is actually the better player (saying he is decent is a major put down). The answer everytime I suppose was to shoot another free throw. I don't care that JBS won their first regional title, but I have a real problem with the coachs post game remarks. It told everything.
i don't agree that clark is the best point guard in the state, but that is gary's opinion. respect it. voice your own opinion, but what does it help bashing gary or the rest of jbs.
clark is good, but he can't shoot and is not very fast..... but he is still good and along with tate, they are taking their team to the state tourney.
Clark is still not the best PG in the state, he doesnt even come close to Cox or even Hicks.
Thank you Drum for clearing that up. Drum and the staff at WKCB have been doing this gig a long time and are well respected. If Drum said it, it's gospel. Enough said, thread closed.
jammin' jamey Wrote:Thank you Drum for clearing that up. Drum and the staff at WKCB have been doing this gig a long time and are well respected. If Drum said it, it's gospel. Enough said, thread closed.
who's Drum? Just kidding
What did he say?