Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miami Coach, Richt, Grabs Ref (Video Link)
The Orange Bowl started out great for Miami and coach Mark Richt as the Hurricanes jumped out to an early 14-3 lead on Wisconsin. Though, the early momentum didn’t last long as the Badgers went into halftime with a 24-14 lead.

After a few frustrating series on both sides of the ball, Richt lost his cool in a really uncharacteristic moment. The typically reserved coach went so far as to grab at a ref and push one of his assistant coaches.

As he was walking off the field and into the locker room for halftime, an ESPN sideline reporter asked Richt why he was so upset.

“If you watch the tape, you’ll see,” was Richt’s only response before storming off the field.

The video is at the link below.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-fo...assistant/
Richt should have been ejected.
Benny Snell ejected, Mark Richt not...Richt had every right to be upset, something needs to be done to hold there officials accountable after games...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OldJacket Wrote:Benny Snell ejected, Mark Richt not...Richt had every right to be upset, something needs to be done to hold there officials accountable after games...

it look like there was more to it then he putting his hands on the refs. it look like the UK player was saying something also.
cj2561 Wrote:it look like there was more to it then he putting his hands on the refs. it look like the UK player was saying something also.
Adam Sparks
I asked Music City Bowl referee Chris Coyte if anything was said by Benny Snell that influenced the ejection beyond contact. He said, "No."
I asked Music City Bowl referee Chris Coyte if Benny Snell's grab & push was incidental contact. Coyte said "It was not."
Music City Bowl referee Chris Coyte on Benny Snell ejection: "The player got up and grabbed my arms and pushed them away and contacted me. That’s a foul."

Chris Coyte is a lying SOB...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OldJacket Wrote:Adam Sparks
I asked Music City Bowl referee Chris Coyte if anything was said by Benny Snell that influenced the ejection beyond contact. He said, "No."
I asked Music City Bowl referee Chris Coyte if Benny Snell's grab & push was incidental contact. Coyte said "It was not."
Music City Bowl referee Chris Coyte on Benny Snell ejection: "The player got up and grabbed my arms and pushed them away and contacted me. That’s a foul."

Chris Coyte is a lying SOB...

First let me say Snell should have never been ejected. You are correct the ref lied, he had to. He ejected Snell for what he said and that was wrong. If the ref says that then he and everyone else knows he is wrong. That is why he is sticking to hands on, it is his only recourse. Now, Snell knows the same, if he says anything he looks bad as well, that is why he did the Lynch Mode interview. Snell should have never been ejected, even with what he said should have been a penalty for unsportsmanlike. Just my take on it Snell got robbed and the ref should be disciplined. The ref initiated contact not the player as the rule states.

NO question Miami coach should have been tossed!!