Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 77 Mars, PA 75
Leader Wrote:You’re right he’s just another coach that went 27-6 his second year been ranked in the top 20 his last two years in only a 3 year tenure. I guess you should be coaching. Lol

How did that soft schedule and top 20 work out for him come tournament time?
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Also don't see why they turned down the King of the bluegrass tournament to go to Florida for 2 games.

One reason could be that the King of the Bluegrass and LIT have the reputation of putting the screws to teams outside of Louisville. I have seen it happen. The Famous Recipe Classic in northern Kentucky, at one time, was one of the top tournaments in Kentucky. The officiating got so bad that teams from outside northern Kentucky refused to play in it. It happens.
rojas Wrote:One reason could be that the King of the Bluegrass and LIT have the reputation of putting the screws to teams outside of Louisville. I have seen it happen. The Famous Recipe Classic in northern Kentucky, at one time, was one of the top tournaments in Kentucky. The officiating got so bad that teams from outside northern Kentucky refused to play in it. It happens.

That's true and goes for a lot of tournaments. There's a reason there's no teams from out of state in the Cumberland falls tournament this year and why they struggled to get 6 teams. But I'll definitely agree with the northern Kentucky stuff. Not been up there in a while, but it use to be the worst place in the state to play if you wasn't from there.
You must be from Corbin