Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will NKY teams continue to dominate
With the new classifications coming into effect I was wondering if others will agree with me in saying that for the most part NKY teams will continue to dominate all classes with the exception of the larger Class that includes the Louisville area schools.
In Class A many feel that Beechwood will have a free pass to the finals every year.
In Class AA with the addition of NewCath and Yeagle now coaching at Lloyd these 2 teams along with Newport and Holy Cross will be very strong in that Division.
Not to mention I believe Class 5A with CovCath and perrenial powerhouse Highlands it only seems to me that more hardware will be heading back up north to the various schools in NKY.
I know others will disagree so I would be interested in hearing what everyone thinks.
Hey didn't know you were here. Welcome BigZig!
Until other parts of the state begin to take football as seriously year round as the NKY schools, they will continue to reign. There are good teams from all across the state, but there isn't near the quality from top to bottom.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
I think with exception of one or two teams from these parts your correct. Its hard for EKY schools to compete but have shown that they can.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
russells gonna keep on truckin in 3a
bizmark Wrote:russells gonna keep on truckin in 3a

What if some NKY schools had NOT decided to play all the way up to 5A? Russell and Belfry would be stuck with Covington Catholic and Highlands in their class. Do you think that Russell or Belfry either could keep trucking with those teams in their way?

I certainly don't think they would have that ability.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Tomcat68 Wrote:What if some NKY schools had NOT decided to play all the way up to 5A? Russell and Belfry would be stuck with Covington Catholic and Highlands in their class. Do you think that Russell or Belfry either could keep trucking with those teams in their way?

Year in and year I don't believe they would stand much of a chance against the likes of Highlands or CCH.. They just reload every year.
BigZig Wrote:Year in and year I don't believe they would stand much of a chance against the likes of Highlands or CCH.. They just reload every year.

The way its looking both Russell and Belfry reload every year. But even in the days of the great Lawrence Co teams in the 90's they competed but Highlands always had a little more talent.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tomcat68 Wrote:What if some NKY schools had NOT decided to play all the way up to 5A? Russell and Belfry would be stuck with Covington Catholic and Highlands in their class. Do you think that Russell or Belfry either could keep trucking with those teams in their way?

what if ladanian tomlinson played for russell? it doesnt matter. cov cath and highlands are not in 3a so who cares. i dont know what theyll do next year but i know we coulda hung with cov cath i dont care what anybody thinks

i agree
bizmark Wrote:what if ladanian tomlinson played for russell? it doesnt matter. cov cath and highlands are not in 3a so who cares. i dont know what theyll do next year but i know we coulda hung with cov cath i dont care what anybody thinks

No need to get so defensive just because someones opinion differs from yours.

That being said Russell tried to schedule Highlands over the next 2 years but could not get it worked out. Seems that they didn't have the week open that Russell needed. I don't know how Russell would have stacked up but I believe that Russell needs to schedule teams like that to test them. We have had a fairly easy district for several years and it does not help us get better at all.
Midee1 Wrote:No need to get so defensive just because someones opinion differs from yours.

That being said Russell tried to schedule Highlands over the next 2 years but could not get it worked out. Seems that they didn't have the week open that Russell needed. I don't know how Russell would have stacked up but I believe that Russell needs to schedule teams like that to test them. We have had a fairly easy district for several years and it does not help us get better at all.

Well easy schedule dont help that is for sure but playing one of the toughest schedules if not the toughest then top 5 for the last 3 years doesnt help either.

Sometimes it can really kill a young team. And its hard for them to recover from it. As we are seeing here in Lawrence Co. This year it doesnt get any better.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Batpuff Wrote:Well easy schedule dont help that is for sure but playing one of the toughest schedules if not the toughest then top 5 for the last 3 years doesnt help either.

Sometimes it can really kill a young team. And its hard for them to recover from it. As we are seeing here in Lawrence Co. This year it doesnt get any better.

I agree. Russell needs to put together a bit tougher schedule. Nothing against any of the other teams in the district but Russell may be a level higher than many.

Russell's biggest problem over the past several years is that the starters have been out before the half. While that gives the younger players some valuable playing time it leads to deconditioning of the starters. Take Belfry in 04. Russell played with them in the first half but after halftime when they needed to play a full game it looked like they were running out of steam. The 05 team was maybe not as good as the 04 team and had to play a bit deeper in the games and it helped them in the long run.

Looks like you and I will get to meet in the fall. Since Lawrence is on Russell's schedule this year.
Midee1 Wrote:I agree. Russell needs to put together a bit tougher schedule. Nothing against any of the other teams in the district but Russell may be a level higher than many.

Russell's biggest problem over the past several years is that the starters have been out before the half. While that gives the younger players some valuable playing time it leads to deconditioning of the starters. Take Belfry in 04. Russell played with them in the first half but after halftime when they needed to play a full game it looked like they were running out of steam. The 05 team was maybe not as good as the 04 team and had to play a bit deeper in the games and it helped them in the long run.

Looks like you and I will get to meet in the fall. Since Lawrence is on Russell's schedule this year.

Yes we do atleast we get you early and before you get a chance to get rolling,.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Midee1 Wrote:No need to get so defensive just because someones opinion differs from yours.

but we still manage to dominate in the playoffs every year dont we?
bizmark Wrote:but we still manage to dominate in the playoffs every year dont we?

In the last few years yes. But many tend to forget that we have not always been this dominate.
From 98-01 the farthest we made it was to the second round. Not very dominating then.

The last 5 years have been incredible.