Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands 2018
What will Highlands have with a JV team that only won 3 games. And an over rated Freshman team with maybe 4 or 5 good athletes? I saw them play twice. They beat Cov Cath. But Campbell Co beat Cov Cath. Highlands does have a good running back coming back. And a QB. But the problem might be the offensive line. And can their defense stop anyone??? Key. Get the best in shape and play them both ways.
Highlands is now Campbell County
How long before Huddleston transfers?

Dude is a baller if he can stay healthy.
They need to clean house of current coaching regime.
BirdsBred Wrote:They need to clean house of current coaching regime.

That would be asinine.
covcath graduates a ton, dixie graduates more and they weren't very good this year, i think your birds will be better off than what most give them credit for!

Birds fans may be pleasantly surprised in 2018!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Spirit100 Wrote:covcath graduates a ton, dixie graduates more and they weren't very good this year, i think your birds will be better off than what most give them credit for!

Birds fans may be pleasantly surprised in 2018!!!

Cov cath graduates a few key guys and returns a ton of talent. Just sayin
Highlands seems to be in disorder. The administration, coaches, parents, alumni, and community have been in an uproar. All kinds of crazy has been happening. It seems everyone involved needs to take a step back. Refocus on their goals. Forget unrealistic expectations and work towards improvement. Landing some elite out of district talent would help as well. Quit with the drama and get back to work.
Slow your role Woody! The focus is back and the talent has arrived! The gun is cocked and reloaded, watch out and hang on for the ride little guy.
Cakebattermatters Wrote:Slow your role Woody! The focus is back and the talent has arrived! The gun is cocked and reloaded, watch out and hang on for the ride little guy.

I've not seen any evidence that indicates you are correct in this assumption. Care to elaborate as to why you think this upcoming year may somehow be different for the birds? No offense but I'm quite skeptical of your analysis. You've demonstrated your "insight" in the past. Please entertain us.
I don’t care if their offense is improved. It’s defense that wins games. They show no evidence of being to stop anyone. 3 and 7 JV team.
I heard some folks at Ft. Thomas Highlands thought they could get Chuck Smith to replace Brian Weinrich. That is truly the funniest and dumbest thing I have heard in 2017.:biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao:
This funniest thing I’ve heard. Is they didn’t get rid of him.
bo67 Wrote:I don’t care if their offense is improved. It’s defense that wins games. They show no evidence of being to stop anyone. 3 and 7 JV team.

If Highlands played a JV team like most schools do, then having 3-7 season would be bad. But Highlands treats JV as a second thought, where the coaches have no idea who they will have playing on Saturday morning until after the Friday night game. Several JV games last season were played with half the players playing out of position due to lack of bodies to play those spots. The O and D lines were just a mish mash of whoever was healthy enough to fill a spot most weeks. I would hesitate to put any stock into how well the JV played when projecting what the varsity will look like this year.
Mossy Wrote:I heard some folks at Ft. Thomas Highlands thought they could get Chuck Smith to replace Brian Weinrich. That is truly the funniest and dumbest thing I have heard in 2017.:biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao:

Chuck Smith ain't leaving Boyle Co unless it's to coach in college or if he retires (which is coming soon). It's one of the best jobs in the state with a loaded (young) roster and a QB Club with money coming out its ears.
Will they ever return to The Highlands of old?
JustADad Wrote:If Highlands played a JV team like most schools do, then having 3-7 season would be bad. But Highlands treats JV as a second thought, where the coaches have no idea who they will have playing on Saturday morning until after the Friday night game. Several JV games last season were played with half the players playing out of position due to lack of bodies to play those spots. The O and D lines were just a mish mash of whoever was healthy enough to fill a spot most weeks. I would hesitate to put any stock into how well the JV played when projecting what the varsity will look like this year.

Ahhhhh..... I’m pretty sure that is how all jv squads work. Highlands is not special in that regard.
I know a highly successful head coach in Kentucky that has coached in multiple state championships and has won those that is waiting to see if Highlands opens in the near future. He wants the job. He is not from Northern Kentucky.