Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Losing or getting out coached
Iam4thecats Wrote:The Mayfield folks and Corbin folks have gotten me wondering.
Whats the difference to you fans between losing a game or being out coached?
Is it possible to lose without being outcoached?
Is it possible to win and be out coached?
Do the players and their performance on the field that day have anything to do with the outcome of games?
Is any game strictly a battle between the 2 head coaches for fans?

I think there is a difference in views when it comes to being a parent or a fan. 95% of the time if someone has a kid on the team its the coaches fault.
^^You used to coach?

Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:^^You used to coach?

Confusednicker:

only fastpitch, just an observation from any sport I've watched or been around. You don't have to look very far for an example, just read anything that Lavar Ball puts out there Confusednicker:
FoSho Wrote:You asked a question and I gave my opinion. It's a thin line.

The game plan was followed to a tee and the result was a byproduct of that.

How do you know what their game plan was? Are you associated with the coaching staff of Boyle County High School?

The nod to being out coached in a state championship game is dumb. If that had been Mike Holcomb or Philip Haywood you wouldn't say the same thing. Not taking anything away from Boyle, but nobody in that game was out coached.
Kywarrior14 Wrote:only fastpitch, just an observation from any sport I've watched or been around. You don't have to look very far for an example, just read anything that Lavar Ball puts out there Confusednicker:

I didn't mean to offend you. I used to coach, and I just couldn't resist!

As far as LaVar Ball is concerned, I choose not to read, listen or otherwise acknowledge him!
Real Badman Wrote:How do you know what their game plan was? Are you associated with the coaching staff of Boyle County High School?

The nod to being out coached in a state championship game is dumb. If that had been Mike Holcomb or Philip Haywood you wouldn't say the same thing. Not taking anything away from Boyle, but nobody in that game was out coached.

Bill Belichick can be out coached.
Kywarrior14 Wrote:only fastpitch, just an observation from any sport I've watched or been around. You don't have to look very far for an example, just read anything that Lavar Ball puts out there Confusednicker:

I wish I could go one day without reading about him Smile
Snakesnot Wrote:Bill Belichick can be out coached.

only if you video him or deflate the balls.
Great coaching is more than just a particular week's game plan. If you have better players, but get beat on Fri night because you failed to put in the time and work in spring ball, summer workouts, 7 on 7s, and practices throughout the season, you are indeed guilty of being out-coached. I may disagree with a play call or specific decision here or there, usually with the benefit of hindsight on my side, but no, I don't believe my team has ever been out-coached.