•  Previous
  • 12(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greenup County Football 2018
lot of tallent offensively, but they will live and die on their ability to play more balanced defense and be able to move the ball on the ground a little more against better teams. Raceland had virtually no legit passing attack and was able to pitch a shutout and controlled the LOS on both sides of the ball last year. who can be their ground and pound guy? their rb last year was quick and hit the hole hard. but wasnt able to "make simethin out of nothing" as the saying goes. do they have a kid that can be a work horse in the run game?
7 on 7 is meaningless. We will see who the big dogs are when the fur starts flying.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:lot of tallent offensively, but they will live and die on their ability to play more balanced defense and be able to move the ball on the ground a little more against better teams. Raceland had virtually no legit passing attack and was able to pitch a shutout and controlled the LOS on both sides of the ball last year. who can be their ground and pound guy? their rb last year was quick and hit the hole hard. but wasnt able to "make simethin out of nothing" as the saying goes. do they have a kid that can be a work horse in the run game?
Halstead 194 for 1189 rushing last season with 13tds.
not saying Halstead isnt a good back. I think he should be a little more patient and use his height as an advantage much like Maurice Jones Drew did for the jags a few years back. hiding behind the line and wait for some space. is he the only rb they have?
seems like they have alot of tallent at wr, but Sammons seems to be better in the pocket and not in the rpo.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:7 on 7 is meaningless. We will see who the big dogs are when the fur starts flying.

All 7 on 7 are good for are timing between quarterback and receivers plus going threw your progressions but like Ram-A-Devil said it’s a different game when bodies are flying around and the rush is coming after the quarterback
changed my mind on posting
Boys looked pretty good in the scrimmage over the weekend especially knowing they had been in team camp all week.
From what I hear up in North Eastern KY, this may be the team to beat. Only Johnson Central should blemish their record. I can see this team finishing second in their District and 9-1. Hosting a Playoff game will be huge for their program. Looks like things are turning around. Plus, their District gets a lot easier next year.
EsseQuamVideri Wrote:From what I hear up in North Eastern KY, this may be the team to beat. Only Johnson Central should blemish their record. I can see this team finishing second in their District and 9-1. Hosting a Playoff game will be huge for their program. Looks like things are turning around. Plus, their District gets a lot easier next year.

From what I have seen, Ashland is the team to beat in that district. Even JC.
EsseQuamVideri Wrote:From what I hear up in North Eastern KY, this may be the team to beat. Only Johnson Central should blemish their record. I can see this team finishing second in their District and 9-1. Hosting a Playoff game will be huge for their program. Looks like things are turning around. Plus, their District gets a lot easier next year.

You listening to greenup fans to much , they will lose ti Ashland , jc , Raceland and one more they should beat but blow just like every other year
KYHSFB Wrote:From what I have seen, Ashland is the team to beat in that district. Even JC.

Gotcha. I don't have anything to go on except hearsay. I didn't realize Ashland had that much coming back. I did read a sports article online about Hester. He sounds like the real deal for the Tomcats.
According to the Khsaa website greenup has 6 freshman on their roster !! That has to be concerning those are Phelps type numbers
anotherfootballnut Wrote:According to the Khsaa website greenup has 6 freshman on their roster !! That has to be concerning those are Phelps type numbers

Got to be wrong, they had a nice amount of freshmen at just the passing leagues from what I recall.
Confirmed by a greenup guy , they had 6 freshman at team camp
anotherfootballnut Wrote:confirmed by a greenup guy , they had 6 freshman at team camp

wow!!!
anotherfootballnut Wrote:According to the Khsaa website greenup has 6 freshman on their roster !! That has to be concerning those are Phelps type numbers

anotherfootballnut Wrote:Confirmed by a greenup guy , they had 6 freshman at team camp

KYHSFB Wrote:Got to be wrong, they had a nice amount of freshmen at just the passing leagues from what I recall.

EsseQuamVideri Wrote:wow!!!

They only had 8, 8th graders on their middle school team last year so that sounds right to me.
This is the year everyone starts to realize that Greenup isn’t a pretender anymore.
This Greenup team is fast and athletic.. they will easily cruise by Russell from what I saw tonight.
We Hang 8 Wrote:This is the year everyone starts to realize that Greenup isn’t a pretender anymore.
This Greenup team is fast and athletic.. they will easily cruise by Russell from what I saw tonight.

Until West had their best 3 NONQB playmakers cramp out, West was clearly the better team in that game and Greenup didn’t impress me. West is mostly freshman and sophomores.

West had a 17-14 lead at the half and west failed twice on the goal line to score (and I wouldn’t say due to good defense, more like lack of execution). Would’ve been a 3 score game.

I can agree that Greenup will beat Russell, but as far as contending Ashland is too good this year IMO for Greenup to take the 2 seed in their district.
West Carter isn’t a bad team this year, but Greenup’s performance in the scrimmage shows that the Musketeers have a ways to go before they can compete with Ashland and maybe even Raceland. From what I saw this weekend, though, both West and Greenup will beat Russell.
Till GC beats a Ashland or a Jc it is just same ol Greenup are they ready for that we will see I will be wishing them the best but they had a time with WC
  •  Previous
  • 12(current)