Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia 60 - Buckhorn 46
Cordia defeats Buckhorn.
Cordia now goes 2-0 in the region. If Coach Stacy can continue to keep the players focus and understand the team concept, then they will be dangerous going into regional tournament. Too early to tell right now, but Cordia is on the right track.
cordia needs a few more players, when is the early signing period?
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:cordia needs a few more players, when is the early signing period?

Next week! Confusednicker:
Don’t single out Cordia. Several of the top 20 teams are winning on the broad shoulders of transfers.
Lion king Wrote:Don’t single out Cordia. Several of the top 20 teams are winning on the broad shoulders of transfers.

I'll stop singling out cordia when you can name me one school that has anywhere from 5 to 12 transfers per year like cordia does! Shame on you jerry stacy I thought you would put a stop to this non sense!!!
If the big kid comes back for Cordia they be a lot better unless he is already back? Cordia will be very dangerous because they play a tremendous schedule that will help later in the season.
hoghead Wrote:If the big kid comes back for Cordia they be a lot better unless he is already back? Cordia will be very dangerous because they play a tremendous schedule that will help later in the season.

You mean he and his family didn't move to Lotts Creek?
I understand the Cordia backlash completely. They’re the guys that have dominated regional championships!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:You mean he and his family didn't move to Lotts Creek?
I thought that endless speculation concerning the possible overvaluing
of sports in relation to academics and community solidarity would
have exhausted itself by now. Evidently not. I became a member of
this forum to discuss basketball, not to read this filibuster which
seems more generated from hubris than a sincere desire to shame
schools into "fair play."
KentuckyFan35 has a serious Cordia complex.
KentuckyFan35 just misses Rod....but he will be in town to watch his daughter graduate from the University of Kentucky if you want to see him
2elijah Wrote:I thought that endless speculation concerning the possible overvaluing
of sports in relation to academics and community solidarity would
have exhausted itself by now. Evidently not. I became a member of
this forum to discuss basketball, not to read this filibuster which
seems more generated from hubris than a sincere desire to shame
schools into "fair play."

Like I said earlier in the thread, the filibuster will stop when you can name another school that has had anywhere from 5 to 12 transfers!
Easy Wind Wrote:KentuckyFan35 has a serious Cordia complex.

And Easy Wind has a serious KentuckyFan35 complex!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:I'll stop singling out cordia when you can name me one school that has anywhere from 5 to 12 transfers per year like cordia does! Shame on you jerry stacy I thought you would put a stop to this non sense!!!
Why are you calling the coach out? Obviously because they have won a couple of games and look to be a possible contender. If they were losing u would just sit back and smile. 3 of PCC's starters last year were not Perry County relatives just happened to move in right lol!!
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:Why are you calling the coach out? Obviously because they have won a couple of games and look to be a possible contender. If they were losing u would just sit back and smile. 3 of PCC's starters last year were not Perry County relatives just happened to move in right lol!!

Thought jerry had a little more integrity than that! His twins went to cordia and had nice high school careers, if they were at cordia now they wouldn't even make the team!

3 not 12, but I didn't agree with that either!
3 , 5 or 10 transfers for playing basketball only are wrong. Regardless of the school. Cordia's happen to be from out of state and other countries. The story just continues. Girls and Boys teams in the mountains. It is a fact of life in the mountains. If you can't win go get enough until you can.
Let me see if I understand the logic. If you need one or two transfers to win a championship it’s allowable but if you have five or six you become a deplorable. I suppose if you rob one bank they let you off but if you rob 5 banks they lock you up.