Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2018
Get as fancy as you wanna get, most football games are won or lost at the LOS, and offensively Belfry will dominate there. Look for the Big Red to make a deep run per par. Their offensive line is what most schools can only hope for. I’m old and fat and could prolly avg 5 yards a carry behind their line.
Micro-Brew Wrote:Get as fancy as you wanna get, most football games are won or lost at the LOS, and offensively Belfry will dominate there. Look for the Big Red to make a deep run per par. Their offensive line is what most schools can only hope for. I’m old and fat and could prolly avg 5 yards a carry behind their line.

Boyle Co will be traveling to Pond Creek for the Regional Championship and we have a DL that will test your ability to "dominate" the LOS.

It should be a great game and a lot of fun! Can't wait!!
FoSho Wrote:Boyle Co will be traveling to Pond Creek for the Regional Championship and we have a DL that will test your ability to "dominate" the LOS.

It should be a great game and a lot of fun! Can't wait!!

First thing they both got to get there never take nothing for granted, there could be injuries or some other kind of circumstances to keep them from it. I like you FoSho would love to see it. It will be a slobber knocker for sure. 2 great programs going at it. Boyle county has a great bunch of athletes and great coaches but Belfry definitely has both. I have heard so much about Boyle’s coaching staff on other threads but Coach Haywood is as good as they come. So good luck to these two teams and hope for this meeting between the two programs but I bleed red so go Pirates
Patriot1 Wrote:First thing they both got to get there never take nothing for granted, there could be injuries or some other kind of circumstances to keep them from it. I like you FoSho would love to see it. It will be a slobber knocker for sure. 2 great programs going at it. Boyle county has a great bunch of athletes and great coaches but Belfry definitely has both. I have heard so much about Boyle’s coaching staff on other threads but Coach Haywood is as good as they come. So good luck to these two teams and hope for this meeting between the two programs but I bleed red so go Pirates

I agree with this except for the last two words. 😜
Patriot1 Wrote:First thing they both got to get there never take nothing for granted, there could be injuries or some other kind of circumstances to keep them from it. I like you FoSho would love to see it. It will be a slobber knocker for sure. 2 great programs going at it. Boyle county has a great bunch of athletes and great coaches but Belfry definitely has both. I have heard so much about Boyle’s coaching staff on other threads but Coach Haywood is as good as they come. So good luck to these two teams and hope for this meeting between the two programs but I bleed red so go Pirates

Boyle County will dominate the game because they have a much better coach :rockon:
pjdoug Wrote:Boyle County will dominate the game because they have a much better coach :rockon:

Your not going to get me riled up PJDoug, but you can believe anything you want and I can like wise. Haywood is a very good coach and a better person. You are a good guy,too even though you have a problem with Belfry.
Patriot1 Wrote:Your not going to get me riled up PJDoug, but you can believe anything you want and I can like wise. Haywood is a very good coach and a better person. You are a good guy,too even though you have a problem with Belfry.

I tried. lol
Patriot1 Wrote:Your not going to get me riled up PJDoug, but you can believe anything you want and I can like wise. Haywood is a very good coach and a better person. You are a good guy,too even though you have a problem with Belfry.

I used one of the best lures in the tackle box and couldn't reel ye in. lol
Hope you are feeling better(over the redhound fever) and it seems you are always enjoy your posts and your sense of humor on rivals. When it comes to the Pirates they will be a hard out this year for anyone. Can’t wait for the season to begin. Get better got a lot of debating to get in
when do they start fall camp?
cuppett777 Wrote:when do they start fall camp?
I heard it was this coming Monday, but it didn't come from anyone within the program.
Hurricane Storm Wrote:I heard it was this coming Monday, but it didn't come from anyone within the program.

Kids get their equipment Monday night. Practice starts Tuesday night
Getting closer!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
And it begins! Football is back on Pond Creek! Practice started today. I dont know if I've ever been more excited for a high school football season to start than I am this year. Going to be a great year of high school football. Good Luck to every single team in the Commonwealth on a successful, injury free, exciting season! BGR is getting ready to get explode with activity. Have fun my friends and may the hate of Belfry Football begin again. LMBO!!!
#55PirateFan Wrote:And it begins! Football is back on Pond Creek! Practice started today. I dont know if I've ever been more excited for a high school football season to start than I am this year. Going to be a great year of high school football. Good Luck to every single team in the Commonwealth on a successful, injury free, exciting season! BGR is getting ready to get explode with activity. Have fun my friends and may the hate of Belfry Football begin again. LMBO!!!

it never ended. lol
pjdoug Wrote:it never ended. lol

Hahaha! Dick.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Hahaha! Dick.

Confusednicker:
Any of the younger lineman looking good
For the most part, things have been relatively quiet on Pond Creek. Regarding the OL, it should be the strength of the team this season. With a stable full of Junior and Senior lineman, I doubt very seriously if you'll hear much about any "young lineman". Historically, most lineman don't or haven't blossomed at Belfry until their Junior year due to the system Haywood runs. However, that changed with the likes of Cole Bentley, Austin Dotson and others, who claimed jobs at an early stage of their HS career. That's very atypical of the Belfry system.

I know the Pirates are working hard and are looking forward to the season. They're back to being a "hunter" instead of the "hunted". Whether or not this group can put all the pieces together for a deep run into late November/early December is still a mystery. Definitely some holes to fill on both sides of the ball.

These kids know how to win, and have been playing at a high level for several seasons. Schedule isn't easy and overall depth may be an issue. This group needs to stay healthy. Barring any major injury, they'll be a tough out....especially at the CAM
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:For the most part, things have been relatively quiet on Pond Creek. Regarding the OL, it should be the strength of the team this season. With a stable full of Junior and Senior lineman, I doubt very seriously if you'll hear much about any "young lineman". Historically, most lineman don't or haven't blossomed at Belfry until their Junior year due to the system Haywood runs. However, that changed with the likes of Cole Bentley, Austin Dotson and others, who claimed jobs at an early stage of their HS career. That's very atypical of the Belfry system.

I know the Pirates are working hard and are looking forward to the season. They're back to being a "hunter" instead of the "hunted". Whether or not this group can put all the pieces together for a deep run into late November/early December is still a mystery. Definitely some holes to fill on both sides of the ball.

These kids know how to win, and have been playing at a high level for several seasons. Schedule isn't easy and overall depth may be an issue. This group needs to stay healthy. Barring any major injury, they'll be a tough out....especially at the CAM
They'll be tough in the trenches, and ready to make a deep run.