Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defensive Mountain Player Of The Year?
I know this is another hypothetical question. I don't think this thread is against Bluegrass Rivals's policy. If you don't like to take part in hypothetical questions, that is certainly your right, but some of us do. I find these topics fun to read and debate. Keep in mind we are not all going to agree and just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean you or they are right or wrong because they were many great defensive players from the mountains this year.

If you were given the task to select a Defensive MVP Of The Mountains or Defensive Mountain Player Of The Year, who would you choose? Let's all try to be nice in doing so.
Westside Wrote:I know this is another hypothetical question. I don't think this thread is against Bluegrass Rivals's policy. If you don't like to take part in hypothetical questions, that is certainly your right, but some of us do. I find these topics fun to read and debate. Keep in mind we are not all going to agree and just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean you or they are right or wrong because they were many great defensive players from the mountains this year.

If you were given the task to select a Defensive MVP Of The Mountains or Defensive Mountain Player Of The Year, who would you choose? Let's all try to be nice in doing so.

Preston Yount :biggrin:
Collin Hartmann from Somerset.
Tyrese Allen - DT - Paintsville HS

First Team All State (Lou C-J)
Best of the Bluegrass (Lex H-L)
Cellking Wrote:Collin Hartmann from Somerset.
This kid is a very good player. But I know Soph and others kids that had more complete games and wrapped up more tackles Solo and Ass. As a lineman is a different player than Lb or CB. But I feel like their are all around better players.
Gitback Coach Wrote:Tyrese Allen - DT - Paintsville HS

First Team All State (Lou C-J)
Best of the Bluegrass (Lex H-L)

Paper said 24 tackles all year.
GoldenSpirit Wrote:This kid is a very good player. But I know Soph and others kids that had more complete games and wrapped up more tackles Solo and Ass. As a lineman is a different player than Lb or CB. But I feel like their are all around better players.

I don’t think there are too many kids that can boast his stat line, especially from a defensive line standpoint. 120 tackles, 10 sacks, 48 qb hurries, 34 tackles for loss... that kid is more than just a very good player. He can certainly make a strong case for the mythical defensive poy in the mountains and if you know sophomores that are better I’d sure like to see them.
Derek Wellman from Belfry. .
Braxton Whitaker Hazard.
JumperPride1 Wrote:I don’t think there are too many kids that can boast his stat line, especially from a defensive line standpoint. 120 tackles, 10 sacks, 48 qb hurries, 34 tackles for loss... that kid is more than just a very good player. He can certainly make a strong case for the mythical defensive poy in the mountains and if you know sophomores that are better I’d sure like to see them.
He is a very good kid. Isn't their kids on the DL that has signed with a D-1 school in Pulaski Co. I may be wrong. So they could have one. SW has a LB that is a Soph or JR and had better stats if I'm not mistaken. That's just in the county to start with.
GoldenSpirit Wrote:He is a very good kid. Isn't their kids on the DL that has signed with a D-1 school in Pulaski Co. I may be wrong. So they could have one. SW has a LB that is a Soph or JR and had better stats if I'm not mistaken. That's just in the county to start with.

I don’t know about any other kid in the county. The PC kid is for O Line. Hartmann has been contacted by some big names - Ohio State, Tennessee, UK, WKU, Vandy... I’m sure he ends up somewhere pretty good bud.
JumperPride1 Wrote:I don’t know about any other kid in the county. The PC kid is for O Line. Hartmann has been contacted by some big names - Ohio State, Tennessee, UK, WKU, Vandy... I’m sure he ends up somewhere pretty good bud.
I wasn't sure about that. SW has a soph I was reading about. 6x player of the week. 1x offensive player, two 20 + tackles with almost breaking record of 25 I think. Over 120 tackles with a couple of INT and some sacks. A Commonwealth Defensive player of yr. Has some big schools looking with GPA 4.0 . A few off TD and few hundred yrds rushing. That if what I was reading. Its hard to get the exact number do to it know being on KHSAA. Not going to get much attention behind an Edwards and Vaught. So I was able to mention one in the county.
There are some very good players listed in here.

With that said, Derek Wellman is the man here. Kid was one of the best LB'ers in terms of ability, game impact, hardware, and leadership to come though EKY in a while.
Wellman would be my first pick if I could draft a high school player, when he got injured it changed the whole 3a bracket. Does he have any offers?