Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robertson 91 Bracken 56
Don't worry Polar Bear fans. Just an inexperienced group kids. Plus is that they are older and will make it easy for Coach Hinson to mold them into a work of art.
I think there is some talent on team, just not a lot of experience.
MikeHoncho47 Wrote:Don't worry Polar Bear fans. Just an inexperienced group kids. Plus is that they are older and will make it easy for Coach Hinson to mold them into a work of art.

I hope so for the Bracken faith-full sake. Wasn’t there but heard this one got out of hand early.

On the flip side of that Robertson has been very impressive early on. Definitely gotta get out there and see them live.
Game was never close. Robertson is impressive and very young. Start 3 sophomores, a freshman, and bring an 8th grader off the bench.
These Bears will get to where they need to be. Too many good athletes on the team to not be in the thick of things and most of them just came off of a record setting football season so they may be a little rusty early. I think they really miss the Appleman kid out there, his leadership would be invaluable in these type of situations.
BTP Wrote:Game was never close. Robertson is impressive and very young. Start 3 sophomores, a freshman, and bring an 8th grader off the bench.

This is incorrect, Burden and Swanson are both seniors and I believe there may be one or two more. Dice, Dixon, and one more are freshman and 8th graders
True Blue Colonel Wrote:This is incorrect, Burden and Swanson are both seniors and I believe there may be one or two more. Dice, Dixon, and one more are freshman and 8th graders

Not incorrect. Starters Burden-senior, Becker-sophomore, schalch-sophmore, Dixon-sophmore, Dotson-freshman. 6th man Swanson-senior, and Becker-8th grade, only kid to get minutes when game wasn't out of hand.
BTP Wrote:Not incorrect. Starters Burden-senior, Becker-sophomore, schalch-sophmore, Dixon-sophmore, Dotson-freshman. 6th man Swanson-senior, and Becker-8th grade, only kid to get minutes when game wasn't out of hand.

Sebastian Dixon is a freshman transfer from Mason County.
So how about that prediction? @GTownDevil
True Blue Colonel Wrote:Sebastian Dixon is a freshman transfer from Mason County.

Regardless what was I incorrect about? I said they were very young. One kid being younger than I stated actually proves my point.
Not the result us PolarBearFaithful hoped for-- But we believe that come time for when the pre-season is over and District Tournaments are here Coach Hinson will have the Polar Bear Express chugging along!

We like to say that the Polar Bears are just playing Possum!
One of the Fisher boys apparently broke Bono Swanson’s hand last night on a flagrant foul.
True Blue Colonel Wrote:One of the Fisher boys apparently broke Bono Swanson’s hand last night on a flagrant foul.

Swanston tweeted the night before that his hand was hurting-- he may have just re-aggravated it. Hate to hear that for the kid and for RC though.
MikeHonchoLives Wrote:Swanston tweeted the night before that his hand was hurting-- he may have just re-aggravated it. Hate to hear that for the kid and for RC though.

:dontthink lies..... He never tweeted that and it was a clear flagrant foul that showed Fisher's intentions.
True Blue Colonel Wrote::dontthink lies..... He never tweeted that and it was a clear flagrant foul that showed Fisher's intentions.

I've seen the video. Fisher went up at the ball. He's a tough player, I'll admit, but he was going for the ball.

Also, this was the night before/morning of the game:

https://twitter.com/Bobovi11/status/937946586000379904
MikeHonchoLives Wrote:I've seen the video. Fisher went up at the ball. He's a tough player, I'll admit, but he was going for the ball.

Also, this was the night before/morning of the game:

https://twitter.com/Bobovi11/status/937946586000379904

Can still have an intentional foul going for ball. Just has to be excessive contact.

:welcome:
Bandit29 Wrote:Can still have an intentional foul going for ball. Just has to be excessive contact.

:welcome:

Is there a difference between intentional and flagrant??
MikeHonchoLives Wrote:Is there a difference between intentional and flagrant??

I know in college ball it’s flagrant 1 and flagrant 2 which is ejection, I’ve never seen anyone ejected in high school for a flagrant foul but from what I heard this foul was border line ejection.
On the foul in question:

“I personally felt it was just a good hard foul. Went up with two hands and tried to make a play on the ball. The landing is what made it look bad. The angle he went up for the shot versus the angle fisher went up to make a play on the ball there really wasn’t any other way that wasn’t gonna be a foul. I feel the landing is what brought the intentional foul. One of those that could have went either way and I wouldn’t have been upset either way”

This is a text I got from a Bracken friend that was at the game.