Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic 77 Corbin 48
Final
Catholic way too athletic for Corbin. A big time mismatch!
Same team that Corbin beat @ Corbin last year, except LC lost their best player. (Luke Johnson 21 ppg.) That's what gives the 13th region such a black eye, and getting harder and harder to get teams to come and play around here.
Corbin is way overrated. Knox will at the brakes off them if they get a fair called game. Corbin has a tendency to get all the favorable calls from the refs. I am surprised that Corbin would go on the road outside the 13th where they are pampered like a 6 month old baby. Looks like when thy get out of the region and don't have the good ole boys taking care of them they aren't nearly as good as they think.
Surprised to see Taylor held to 9 points on 3-15 shooting. He did add 8 assists and 8 rebs. I'm not sure this Corbin team is any better than last years. They added the guard from LCA and he's a nice little player but he's only taking shots from Taylor and Sanders.
Leonards_loser Wrote:Surprised to see Taylor held to 9 points on 3-15 shooting. He did add 8 assists and 8 rebs. I'm not sure this Corbin team is any better than last years. They added the guard from LCA and he's a nice little player but he's only taking shots from Taylor and Sanders.
lets not forget taking shots from Matthew taylor too. Kid can play
Corbin is not overrated, I would still put them and Knox Central both in the top 25 in the state based on talent.
Watched this game!! Corbin will take some lumps this year! :HitWall:
That's the stupidest remark that's ever been stated. Taking shots away from Taylor and Sanders. There are more than 2 players on a team. The boy from LCA can shoot lights out and Matthew Taylor can too. The boy that started while Sanders is out is the only reason Corbin beat Lex Christian. If they are worried about getting their shots, they'll never get to Rupp. Selfish comment
That's what happens when you play better competition. Got better defense, better players, and they are all quick and strong. Not like the 13th region
Corbin is definitely the best or at the very least top 3 team in the region.
Lex Cath just beat them by 30. Makes you wonder if there's any sense in even hoping for a chance at a state title when the talent level of the state is so much better right now than in the 13th.
Wow!!! Gotta love those Corbin haters when we lose hahah. I think they enjoy it more than their teams winning. But I’m not to worried about this loss or this game. Early in the year on the road. Bad games happen. One game at the start of the season means very little, just as a win would. Our FB team beat the TN state champs, we didn’t ride home with a trophy this weekend. There’s to much talent on that team to be a bust. If it was earlier in coach P’s career I’d be worried. But he’ll have them playing as a team before it’s over with. Still say we probably win the region. Very least make the championship.
This is exactly what happens most of the time when the game is not at Corbin against a quality opponent. Not hate, just look back at it. Corbin is now gathering all of their mythical titles, I hope you enjoy them, because Gut is correct, I do not see any coming to Corbin anytime soon. Corbin basketball is only overrated by their own fans and paper. Lets not forget when they are at home, not so much!!!!!
Hound05 Wrote:Wow!!! Gotta love those Corbin haters when we lose hahah. I think they enjoy it more than their teams winning. But I’m not to worried about this loss or this game. Early in the year on the road. Bad games happen. One game at the start of the season means very little, just as a win would. Our FB team beat the TN state champs, we didn’t ride home with a trophy this weekend. There’s to much talent on that team to be a bust. If it was earlier in coach P’s career I’d be worried. But he’ll have them playing as a team before it’s over with. Still say we probably win the region. Very least make the championship.

If your FB team could of taken the same refs you had to beat TN State Champ to Lexington you would of probably won lol. Same with the basketball team. Better enjoy your wins at home! I still give you a good chance to win the region in basketball ball, but you'll probably still get a little help from the refs
True
TaintAnewPat Wrote:Corbin is way overrated. Knox will at the brakes off them if they get a fair called game. Corbin has a tendency to get all the favorable calls from the refs. I am surprised that Corbin would go on the road outside the 13th where they are pampered like a 6 month old baby. Looks like when thy get out of the region and don't have the good ole boys taking care of them they aren't nearly as good as they think.

:biglmao: You must've taken a few beat downs from Corbin back in your day.. they say holding in bitterness is a bad thing!
I'll have to admit that the score of this game surprised me, especially after Corbin beat Lexington Christian this past weekend. Lot's of people have spoken about Corbin getting more than their share of breaks from the officials in the 13th region. Let me assure you that no team in the state gets more breaks from officials than Lexington Catholic gets from the Bluegrass Officials Association.
Hound05 Wrote:One game at the start of the season means very little, just as a win would.

I think it was in 1990 that Corbin beat Bell County by 40 points during the season. That same year Bell County beat Corbin in the regional semi-finals. In 1991, Bell County beat Corbin by 40 points. Corbin beat Bell County in the regional finals at Bell County. You never know.
You get beat like this by good teams no matter where you play at when you shoot about 25% from the field, turn the ball over and get badly out rebounded. It happens sometimes.
trooperman Wrote:If your FB team could of taken the same refs you had to beat TN State Champ to Lexington you would of probably won lol. Same with the basketball team. Better enjoy your wins at home! I still give you a good chance to win the region in basketball ball, but you'll probably still get a little help from the refs

I couldn’t care less about basketball. But it’s nice to see the excuses again from jealous adults that must of took a beating in the past. Let it go man.... let it go...... you all are like uncle Rico from Napoleon dynamite. “If I could just go back and we didn’t get cheated at corbin, we would’ve won state!” Booo hoooo. I’m sure every 13th region official is in it together in this big conspiracy to make sure corbin beats everyone. Because HS basketball is that important. It’s almost pathetic, the way some of you adults whine and cry about corbin. Maybe we are just better?????
Cant win basketball games counting shots. Players just need to play. I wasn't at the game but 3-15 seems like a kid forcing it. This team is to good not to share the ball.
Taylor needs to get 15 shots for Corbin to compete with good teams
Hound05 Wrote:Wow!!! Gotta love those Corbin haters when we lose hahah. I think they enjoy it more than their teams winning. But I’m not to worried about this loss or this game. Early in the year on the road. Bad games happen. One game at the start of the season means very little, just as a win would. Our FB team beat the TN state champs, we didn’t ride home with a trophy this weekend. There’s to much talent on that team to be a bust. If it was earlier in coach P’s career I’d be worried. But he’ll have them playing as a team before it’s over with. Still say we probably win the region. Very least make the championship.

Contrary to what most Corbin fans believe, it's not them against the world.
They just got destroyed. I think it's fair to assume they may have been a little overrated at the very least. They're definitely not a lock to win the region by any means, but if they do like they should, it will still most likely be a first or second round exit in Lexington
I think Corbin is the favorite in the 13th region as of now. They are going to be a hard out regardless of what they are ranked. Im just wondering how they are going to gel when sanders comes back.
lou Wrote:I think Corbin is the favorite in the 13th region as of now. They are going to be a hard out regardless of what they are ranked. Im just wondering how they are going to gel when sanders comes back.

Sanders played in this game.
Thanks for clarifying. I just thought the kid was out.