Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 43 Wayne County 24
FINAL FROM MONTICELLO!!!!!!

JC IS GOING TO STATE FOR THE 3rd STRAIGHT YEAR!!!!!
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Congrats Johnson Central!
Wayne County had no answer for JC's running game.
Congratulations !
JC had a great crowd..... For a 3+ hour trip there was a lot of Black & Gold in the stadium.

JC stopped Wayne early in the game on 4th down.
JC got a 60 yd. PickSix for a TD.
JC recovered a muffed punt by Wayne deep in Wayne territory late in the game.

Those three series of plays took the fight out of Wayne.... Or that's the way it appeared. JC had several long, clock eating, scoring drives running the football. JC took care of the football and made Wayne pay when they didn't.

Wayne County fans, your offense took too long to get in a rhythm, JC had too big of a lead too late in the game. Had you guys played like that from the beginning, this game might have had a different outcome.
Your skill players were some of the best we played all season.
Congratulations to Johnson Central, keep it going and another state championship
Its great to see JC in another state title game. Hopefully, they can bring another one home.
Way to go Eagles, congratulations on a great game and even better see you in Lexington.
Congratulations Johnson Central!!! Hope you bring home another state title!!!
Wayne County just didn't get into any flow in the first half and Johnson Central made a couple big plays to lead 22-3 at halftime. Wayne scored to open the second half and forced a 3-out, but their first turnover of the night pushed the lead right back out to 30-10, Wayne managed another score then forced a quick punt, but their second turnover of the night spelled the end to a magical run and tremendous season.

Johnson Central used 50 plays to net 271 yards of offense with 228 of that on the ground led by the 19 carries for 103 yards with 2 TDs of senior Blake Gamble. Riley Preece totaled 2 TDs with a 54 yard scoring run and the jump ball 34 yard completion to end the half, which was the death-nail, but it was that kind of night for the Cards.

Wayne County used 55 plays to net 258 yards of offense as quarterback Lorenzo Linsey finished 18 of 31 in the air for 192 yards with a TD, plus added a 4 yard scoring run. Stetson Simpson led the receiving corps with 7 catches for 90 yards and a score.

In games like these turnovers and big plays are always the difference, as the Eagles didn't turn the ball, finished with just 1 penalty (only 3 marked flags total in game) and scored on a 54 yard run, 55 yard interception return with a 34 yard pass completion as well. Wayne County had two miscues which led to 14 points and failed to register a play of 20 yards or more, having 3 different completions of 19 yards.

Congrats to Johnson Central I certainly hope they win again against Franklin-Simpson and repeat. Wayne County another outstanding season, as time progresses the memories of three straight region titles will be more and more appreciated and the fact when things were going south last night you never, ever lost your class, your character and your effort. I promise those things may not have got you the championship you cherished, but those things will be hell on wheels in your future plans. #GoCards
Great game for the Eagles. They were able to capitalize on WC miscues and that TD at the end of the first half was a dagger. But to their credit, WC came out like a house a fire in the second half, just couldn't get over the hump. Congrats on a great season.
Wayne County.... Add some visitors side bleachers.
pulp fiction Wrote:wayne county.... Add some visitors side bleachers.

:beg:
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Wayne County.... Add some visitors side bleachers.

Or just bring your own chairs or stand like everyone else does.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Wayne County.... Add some visitors side bleachers.

numberonefan26 Wrote:Or just bring your own chairs or stand like everyone else does.

That's a great solution...... :eyeroll:

#NotAFanOfJewellField
Congrats to JC
Wayne County has had a good run these last four years