Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weakest class this year
Definitely 4A in the last couple of season. With the exit teams like Highlands, Cov Cath, Lex Cath and Boyle Co. Parity is just isn't there.
since KHSAA went to the 6 classes (2007).
1A Mayfield 4 titles, Beechwood 3 titles, LCA 1 title, Hazard 1 title, Pikeville 1 title....
2A Fort Campbell 3 titles, NCC 2 titles, DeSales 2 titles, Holy Cross 1 title, Mayfield 1 title, Christian Academy Louisville 1 title.....
3A Louisville Central 5 titles, Belfry 4 titles, Paducah Tilghman 1 title....
4A Highlands 3 titles, Boyle Co. 2 titles, Lex. Cath. 1 title, Bell Co. 1 title, Collins 1 title, South Warren 1 title, Johnson Central 1 title.....
5A Bowling Green 5 titles, Highlands 4 titles, Pulaski Co. 1 title.....
6A Trinity 7 titles, St. X 1 title, Scott Co. 1 title, Male 1 title.

1A and 2A there is more teams in the hurt to make a run at the title.
FBfan4life Wrote:Definitely 4A in the last couple of season. With the exit teams like Highlands, Cov Cath, Lex Cath and Boyle Co. Parity is just isn't there.

that is way Johnson Central won the title last season. none of these team was in the way of them to the title.
cj2561 Wrote:that is way Johnson Central won the title last season. none of these team was in the way of them to the title.

I am not sure but I know the parity is down with those teams going on to a different class.
cj2561 Wrote:that is way Johnson Central won the title last season. none of these team was in the way of them to the title.

It’ll always be a what if, but JC was pretty good last year, can’t take that away from them. This year I’m not sold on them. And as I said earlier, I would rather play up this year to 4a than down to 2a
4A. Schools in the class have 420-520 male students on average. Should be able to field decent teams with 60-70 players on the roster.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:4A. Schools in the class have 420-520 male students on average. Should be able to field decent teams with 60-70 players on the roster.

I think that goes back to the feeder programs. I’ve seen 4 and 5A schools that lack good feeder programs and dress 30 players with 600+ male students. Not only do you get quantity but you help develope quality early on. Regardless, I think 1A is the weakest followed by 4. If it wasn’t for JC and some of the other top dawgs being good it would be by far the worst
Hound05 Wrote:It’ll always be a what if, but JC was pretty good last year, can’t take that away from them. This year I’m not sold on them. And as I said earlier, I would rather play up this year to 4a than down to 2a

does opinion change if they rout ashland next week?
AngryMob Wrote:does opinion change if they rout ashland next week?

NO! JC has had great winning seasons in the past, but when Cov Cath with a mediocre record, always comes out on top.
1A Beechwood 2 TDS better than anyone.
4A is not as strong as we think it is would not be suprised if a long shot dont win it.
2A Danville or Mayfield LCA no one else close.
hoghead Wrote:1A Beechwood 2 TDS better than anyone.
4A is not as strong as we think it is would not be suprised if a long shot dont win it.
2A Danville or Mayfield LCA no one else close.

Ohh I think DeSales and CAL are pretty close.
This is a very interesting topic, especially in regards to 1A. In the 4 Class system, 1A was a very difficult class to win and it was very top heavy. As good as Paintsville is this year they wouldn't have even been a blip on the radar in the 4 class system where you had Beechwood, NCC, Danville, Mayfield, and LCA playing 1A. Teams from Eastern KY have definitely benefited in the 6 class system that moved a lot of traditional powerhouses out of the class but at the same time the class as a whole is noticeably weaker.
How are people even throwing 2A out there? 2A has 5 teams that could contend for a title in any of the bottom 4 classes.
6A. There is Trinity and then there is everyone else.
4A without a doubt.
Paintsville will not be in the finals of Class A
Danville Mayfield very good in 2A LCA Desales CAL not this year
Boyle hardest game may be ETown or Tilghman. Central vs Belfry Corbun I dont think can win it. Boyle and Central in finals
4A wide open 6 to 8 teams can win it
5A Bowling Green Cov Catholic the rest is 2TDS behind
6A Trinity period.
Smartguy36 Wrote:6A. There is Trinity and then there is everyone else.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! Really??? 6A is the weakest class out there this year?? Come on man...:HitWall:
Smartguy36 Wrote:6A. There is Trinity and then there is everyone else.

Ryle, Simon Kenton, Saint X, Male, Trinity, PRP, Scott County, Frederick Douglass, Tates Creek, this years 6A is weak? C' mon man!
4A far and away
I think the weakest class this year is the freshman class. They just haven't had time in the weight room like sophomores, juniors and seniors.
2-A for real?

I would say 3-A or 4-A.
Time Will Tell Wrote:2-A for real?

I would say 3-A or 4-A.

It’s not 2A so I’ll give you some cred. for that. Bunch you lose it by suggesting 3A. Not even close.
For comparison on maxpreps computer the classes go in order if you look top to bottom. 6,5,4,3,2,1

If you look at the #5 team in each class it goes about the way people are arguing with 2a being really strong with contenders and 4a being not so deep.
6a 34 Simon Kenton
5a 28.4 SW Pulaski
4a 17.7 Ashland
3a 26.3 E-Town
2a 29.2 CAL
1a 12.7 Raceland

If you look down at the #10 team in each class
6a 30.8 Tates Creek
5a 20.6 Harlan County
4a 10.3 Hopkinsville
3a 13 Casey County
2a 8.5 LLoyd
1a 0.3 Williamsburg

So as far as depth they go in order except 3 and 4 flip flop.
Iam4thecats Wrote:For comparison on maxpreps computer the classes go in order if you look top to bottom. 6,5,4,3,2,1

If you look at the #5 team in each class it goes about the way people are arguing with 2a being really strong with contenders and 4a being not so deep.
6a 34 Simon Kenton
5a 28.4 SW Pulaski
4a 17.7 Ashland
3a 26.3 E-Town
2a 29.2 CAL
1a 12.7 Raceland

If you look down at the #10 team in each class
6a 30.8 Tates Creek
5a 20.6 Harlan County
4a 10.3 Hopkinsville
3a 13 Casey County
2a 8.5 LLoyd
1a 0.3 Williamsburg

So as far as depth they go in order except 3 and 4 flip flop.

that ranking is a joke. 4A Johnson Central is rank #2 and Ashland rank #5, didn't Ashland beat Johnson Central.
In my younger years I read a story about a turtle beating a rabbit in a race. That doesn't mean Turtles are faster than Rabbits.
cj2561 Wrote:that ranking is a joke. 4A Johnson Central is rank #2 and Ashland rank #5, didn't Ashland beat Johnson Central.
Ashland only has a chance of beating Johnson Central if the Golden Eagles turn the ball over at least 4 or 5 times. That has happened once this season, but I would not count on it happening a second time this season.
KY would be better off with 4-5 classes. The only gripe people have is with 2 teams in the largest class and no matter how many classes you have won't fix this situation.
cj2561 Wrote:that ranking is a joke. 4A Johnson Central is rank #2 and Ashland rank #5, didn't Ashland beat Johnson Central.

If you find a ranking system that has Ashland ranked ahead of JC right now, throw it in the trash. JC will be the favorite if they meet again based on the body of work on the 11 week resume.