Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bands?
hey hey hey

so has anyone heard any good sounding, underrated bands recently?

one of my friends told me about "mariana trench"...its not too bad
and also "playradioplay!"....i love the first minute or so of their song complement each other like colors...the rest isnt great, but the beginning is awesome...

your thoughts?
30 Seconds to Mars, The 69 Eyes, The 88, 88 Fingers Louie, Adam Hood, Aiden, Anberlin, Angels and Airwaves, Badly Drawn Boy, Basement Jaxx, Bayside, Boys Like Girls, Boys Night Out, The Catholic Comb, Cute is What We Aim For, Dallas Green, Death From Above 1979, The Decemberists, Fear Before the March of Flames, Freezepop, Imogean Heap (out of Louisville), The Juliana Theory, Jupiter Sunrise, Kill Hannah, Mae, Matchbook Romance, New Years Day, Nightmare of You, Norma Jean, Our Lady Peace, Paramore, Protest the Hero, Saves The Day, Say Anything, Say Hi to Your Mom, Secondhand Serenade, Secret Lives of the Freemasons, Snow Patrol, Snuff, So They Say, Socratic, Something Corporate, The Spill Canvas, The Tossers, Turbonegro, Type O Negative, The Verve Pipe, and White Hassle may or may not be some bands you have heard of. Check them out.

The 69 Eye's is a good group....
I love listening to their song "Lost Boys".

I Like Black Stone Cherry,,good ol Kentucky boys who can flat rock!!!
American Minor, Circuit, Squarewheel...all are GREAT bands if you like to rock
Joe Bonamassas. The dude is bad to the bone. Classic style rock. Can rip the varnish off the guitar.
Here's some good, not so mainstream artists. I've included recommended song downloads as well:

Hellogoodbye - "Here (In Your Arms)", "Oh, It Is Love"

Alexi Murdoch - "Orange Sky"

Imogen Heap - "Goodnight and Go"

The Academy Is... - "Slow Down"

Anberlin - "Readyfuels"

Bell X1 - "Eve, The Apple Of My Eye"

Carbon Leaf - "Life Less Ordinary"

The Features - "The Idea Of Growing Old", "Blow It Out"

Kings of Leon - "Molly's Chamber", "The Bucket", "Slow Night, So Long"

Harry Nilsson - "Everybody's Talkin'"

Jamiroquai - "Virtual Insanity"

Primus - "John the Fisherman", "Jerry Was A Race Car Driver"

Ray LaMontagne - "Hold You In My Arms", "Trouble"

Socratic - "Lunch For The Sky"

stellastarr* - "Love and Longing"

The Subways - "Rock and Roll Queen", "Oh Yeah"

Surfjan Stevens - "To Be Alone With You"

Super Furry Animals - "Hello Sunshine"

Turin Brakes - "Rain City"

The Walkmen - "We've Been Had", "The Rat"
Predator, this is why I love you. I have 99% of those songs on my computer.
I should have gave some recommendations as well. I will try to do that this weekend.

Definitely, I think it's best to give people a good song to download, that way they don't download a crappy song and then never listen to the band again.
tribe- haha wow...that list is pretty impressive..
actually i started listening to some of them...i like it

predator- thanks man- i'll check those out too..

did either of you go to the "cute is what we aim for" concert a few weeks ago??
some of my friends went and said it was AWESOME
Probably never heard of them, but The Drive By Truckers are an awesome southern rock band. You all should d/l some of their stuff, really good to hear.
I absolutely love the Drive By Truckers. The Eli Young Band is a pretty good group too. Chris Knight as well is a great one.
Appalachain Americans
thetribe Wrote:I love listening to their song "Lost Boys".
Tribe that song is awsome, but I like "Framed in blood" better.
Pupaw Wrote:I absolutely love the Drive By Truckers. The Eli Young Band is a pretty good group too. Chris Knight as well is a great one.
How about Rebel Meets Rebel David allen cole teaming up with ex-pantera members.Heavy southern rockTongueirateSho
Predator,,,,I love Kings of Leon,,what do you think about Rebel Meets rebel and Black Sone Cherry
Old school Dawg Wrote:Predator,,,,I love Kings of Leon,,what do you think about Rebel Meets rebel and Black Sone Cherry

Sorry, PredatorsFan was my temp. name until I could get back on my old account.

I love KOL, don't listen to either of the others.

Saw, KOL live not too long ago.
James McMurtry & The Heartless Bastards
Southern Culture on the Skids
Old Crow Medicine Show
Steve Earle and the Dukes
and of course The Gateful Dead!
thetribe Wrote:30 Seconds to Mars, The 69 Eyes, The 88, 88 Fingers Louie, Adam Hood, Aiden, Anberlin, Angels and Airwaves, Badly Drawn Boy, Basement Jaxx, Bayside, Boys Like Girls, Boys Night Out, The Catholic Comb, Cute is What We Aim For, Dallas Green, Death From Above 1979, The Decemberists, Fear Before the March of Flames, Freezepop, Imogean Heap (out of Louisville), The Juliana Theory, Jupiter Sunrise, Kill Hannah, Mae, Matchbook Romance, New Years Day, Nightmare of You, Norma Jean, Our Lady Peace, Paramore, Protest the Hero, Saves The Day, Say Anything, Say Hi to Your Mom, Secondhand Serenade, Secret Lives of the Freemasons, Snow Patrol, Snuff, So They Say, Socratic, Something Corporate, The Spill Canvas, The Tossers, Turbonegro, Type O Negative, The Verve Pipe, and White Hassle may or may not be some bands you have heard of. Check them out.
tribe you always got some great bands. You have an awesome taste in music! I love when other people know bands that I listen to and no one else has ever heard of.
thetribe Wrote:30 Seconds to Mars, The 69 Eyes, The 88, 88 Fingers Louie, Adam Hood, Aiden, Anberlin, Angels and Airwaves, Badly Drawn Boy, Basement Jaxx, Bayside, Boys Like Girls, Boys Night Out, The Catholic Comb, Cute is What We Aim For, Dallas Green, Death From Above 1979, The Decemberists, Fear Before the March of Flames, Freezepop, Imogean Heap (out of Louisville), The Juliana Theory, Jupiter Sunrise, Kill Hannah, Mae, Matchbook Romance, New Years Day, Nightmare of You, Norma Jean, Our Lady Peace, Paramore, Protest the Hero, Saves The Day, Say Anything, Say Hi to Your Mom, Secondhand Serenade, Secret Lives of the Freemasons, Snow Patrol, Snuff, So They Say, Socratic, Something Corporate, The Spill Canvas, The Tossers, Turbonegro, Type O Negative, The Verve Pipe, and White Hassle may or may not be some bands you have heard of. Check them out.

hahah i knew this was coming lol
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
the red jumpsuit apparatus is pretty good..
Red- Breathe into me
a thorn for every heart.
trust company
acceptance
avenged sevenfold

i could go on, but i don't feel like it lol
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
Rebel Son... If you have never heard of em, you can listen to my theme song of theirs on my myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/billdon98
I'm going to see the Used, 30 Seconds to Mars, Evaline, Chiodos, and Aiden in 9 days!