Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tubby Smith on Mike & Mike in the Morning @ 8:05 AM
Tubby will be making an appearance at 8:05 AM. It can be found on ESPN2 or on the radio on ESPN Radio. Not sure what station it is everywhere, but I know it's AM930 in this area.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
What went on??
Talked about the Duke-UNC incident with Hansbrough's foul. He took both sides and never really gave a good answer.

Talked about people who would want him removed as coach. Really beat around the bush and never said anything worth a quote that I heard. Mike & Mike were just applauding how great of a coach he was for winning 20 games a year and talked about how he hadn't made a Final Four since his first season, but was on the brink atleast twice including a loss to Duke in the Round of 8, as well as the heartbreaker to Michigan State.

Talked about what the team had to do in the SEC Tournament to make the NCAA Tournament. He said it was no guarantee they were in now, though he'd like to think so because "they had the toughest schedule in the nation."

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Ricky P will be on tomorrow morning. Not positive on the time, but I'm thinking they said 8:44.

:Thumbs:
Rick Pitino is the MAN!!! I will be listening to what he has to say abot those Cards and their chance to win the Big East. I hope they get in the same bracket as UK in the big dance!!I say the Cards would win by 15+!!!
cardsfan Wrote:Rick Pitino is the MAN!!! I will be listening to what he has to say abot those Cards and their chance to win the Big East. I hope they get in the same bracket as UK in the big dance!!I say the Cards would win by 15+!!!

SmileSmileSmile

Since they already did once this yearRolleyes
corndog23 Wrote:SmileSmileSmile

Since they already did once this yearRolleyes

But the difference is UL has dramatically improved as a team should. I don't know that they are 15 points better than us. But I think they would beat us right now.

We can't put two halves of ball together. Seems to be more of attitude problems and laziness than talent.
We do have a rough attitude. I just dont think Joe Crawford listens to a word Coach says. But i feel like UL's vast "improvement" is in large part to the horridness of the Big Least. UL absolutely CAN NOT hit a shot to save their lives. They will not make it past the first weekend of the tourny, probably not the first round. Where as i can honestly say i believe that UK will be in the 16.
corndog23 Wrote:We do have a rough attitude. I just dont think Joe Crawford listens to a word Coach says. But i feel like UL's vast "improvement" is in large part to the horridness of the Big Least. UL absolutely CAN NOT hit a shot to save their lives. They will not make it past the first weekend of the tourny, probably not the first round. Where as i can honestly say i believe that UK will be in the 16.

If we get a 10 - 13 seed thats a possibility..We would match up well with any 4 - 7 seeds and in the second round we .. The problem with 8 or 9 seed game is the 1 seed you get in the second round. I don't think there is 1 seed we match up with. Maybe physically we could but mentally and intensity we couldn't..

Honesty, I think Kentucky would do best at a 12 seed. If we win our first round game then the second round game we would play a 4 or 13 seed. We would then have a legitimate possibility of getting to the sweet 16.
Our predicted matchups right now as a 9 seed doesn't look to promising.. We would have to beat a dangerous arizona team just to get to second round. Then we would have to take down Kansas. Kansas is loaded and I would bet the house Kentucky could not keep that game close.

I'm really hoping we get a 10-12 seed.. The 8 and 9 are the worse seeds IMO..
Tomcat68 Wrote:Tubby will be making an appearance at 8:05 AM. It can be found on ESPN2 or on the radio on ESPN Radio. Not sure what station it is everywhere, but I know it's AM930 in this area.

TC, Did tubby make this quote on the show. I read on catpause that he said this, "Final Fours don't matter, nobody remembers them anyway" :eek:

I didn't listen to it, but Matt Jones from Kentucky Sports Radio summed it up like this on TCP.

I would just remind folks that they ought to listen to the clip to hear it in context. Tubby was asked about Final Fours and his comment that "they dont matter" was in reference to saying what really matter is winning championships. He did not say it in the context of meaning he doesnt want to go to Final Fours, but that a championship is what is most important.

He also took up for the fan base, a fan base that has recently gone after him. He said that their expectations were understandable and that he wanted to meet them.

Think what you will about Tubby and whether he should be the coach....but dont twist his words in an effort to make him look bad. He gave a good performance this morning....one of the best I have ever heard a notoriously media-shy individual make. He came out and did not do what many would.....he talked about how expectations here should be high and took up for the fan base. I thought that showed a great deal of class, especially considering the last few weeks.
calQlate Wrote:TC, Did tubby make this quote on the show. I read on catpause that he said this, "Final Fours don't matter, nobody remembers them anyway" :eek:

Yeah he did. Wasn't referring to the fact you might be thinking though. He said that most people don't remember a couple years down the road who all made the Final Four. He was referring to in general and not the fan base for the particular team. Either way, still a bit upsetting.

The last time I was in Rupp Arena, I noticed several Final Four banners hanging from the ceiling. Why would they hang those if it doesn't matter? Tubby has got to use better judgement in picking his words.
calQate..who is ur pic of?
Guys I at one time really rooted hard for louisville.When Pitino went there I started rooting against them and I cant help it.