Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 40 Boyd County 7
final
Prayers for the 4 injured Red Devils Nathan Brinkman, Jaeden Layne, Malakai Anderson, Sam Ewing.
Congrats to Russell
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Prayers for the 4 injured Red Devils Nathan Brinkman, Jaeden Layne, Malakai Anderson, Sam Ewing.

Russell has had a lot of bad luck with injuries. I hope all those involved recover quickly.
Good for the Russell kids to get them a win!! Suxs about the kids that got hurt hope they recover. Hate to see Boyd in the shape it's in they were at least competitive when we played them.
Congrats Coach Maynard and Russell players.
I know we mentioned above about Red Devils Nathan Brinkman, Jaeden Layne, Malakai Anderson, Sam Ewing being injured. Was it in last night's game or are these injuries part of the injury bug that hit Russell before season started or In the early season. Coach Maynard was talking about Brinkman and Anderson and Brinkman trying to play through his shoulder injury and Anderson had been sidelined with knee injury. Coach Maynard also mentioned that those 2 would be the next 2 up on offense. So, are these two players close to be 100% so that they will be back in the lineup. We know that Brinkman was in the lineup last night but not Anderson. Did Ewing get hurt late in the game or he is fine now? I also didn't see Jaeden Layne playing last night? So, are these 4 players that Coach Maynard discussed in post-game getting close to being back in the lineup? We do know how talented our Freshman Class is this year and the Junior Varsity is doing well so the Youth at Russell looks about to explode on the scene on Friday nights and hopefully powerful enough to compete with Belfry for the 3-A championship in the near future. I love to hear another Conley and a Freshman at that to have 3 carries for 101 yards. That sounds so much like his older brother at Russell. Do we have a young Freshman QB that looks to take over in future with a great arm and able to pass to go along with the Russell's always tough running game. We know Coach Maynard loves to air it out along with a great running game and we haven't seen that in the 3 years yet since Coach Maynard took over 3 years ago. Do we have that young QB coming up in the year or two that could lead us back to the 3-A Championship?