Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County 41 Leslie County 13
Final.

Colonels started out slow tonight but recovered nicely. Leslie has a good football team.
One of Leslie's TDs was a 73 yard screen pass so overall another strong performance by the defense.

I'll post stats when I get them
I wonder why 64 is so quiet?
Whitley County
Total yards: 441
Rushing 204
Passing 237

Leslie
Only 3 first downs
187 total yards
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Whitley County
Total yards: 441
Rushing 204
Passing 237

Leslie
Only 3 first downs
187 total yards

good to see them working on the run game. that defense has been impressive Smile
pjdoug Wrote:good to see them working on the run game. that defense has been impressive Smile

They went under center tonight and it worked.

Going under center is so important in short yardage situations. But its also important to keep the defense guessing
Congrats to the Colonels
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
pjdoug Wrote:I wonder why 64 is so quiet?

Had no signal from the hill. But I'm backed in the bluegrass now overall Whitley played pretty good :Cheerlead And I'm gonna say this I want listen to my cousin again on predicting Leslie games from now on. I want mention his real name on BGR aka Cherokee Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:Had no signal from the hill. But I'm backed in the bluegrass now overall Whitley played pretty good :Cheerlead And I'm gonna say this I want listen to my cousin again on predicting Leslie games from now on. I want mention his real name on BGR aka Cherokee Confusednicker:

I figured you had a meltdown and passed out Confusednicker:
Congrats to Colonels. They are beginning to make believers out of a lot of people.
Way to go Colonels . keep playing that tough defense.
pjdoug Wrote:good to see them working on the run game. that defense has been impressive Smile

80 of that came on 1 run..
I Rule The World Wrote:80 of that came on 1 run..

yeah :biggrin:
I loved this game so early in the year. It really let Leslie know what they need to work on. Leslie's young defense flew around and hit all night, but made some mental mistakes. But they were very aggressive. Leslie's offense couldn't get the run going against the 8 Whitley brought every play it seemed like. You could tell which team returned everyone and which lost 20 seniors. Coming out of halftime Leslie gets a big stop and goes on a long drive down 8. They get stopped on 4th down and Whitley goes on a long drive and scores. Leslie kinda quit then. But theyll grow out of that as the season goes on. Leslie will welcome Quarterback Darrin Whitaker back next week so they can finally get the no existent passing game going..
Whitley is looking good so far this year.
22-14 at the half. Leslie's very young Defense was on the field 80% of the game. Hats of to Luke Lewis on a tough played game as back up QB. They get their started back next week that can really air it out as well! The score way closer than shown, but Whitley has a huge strong team this season! Great group! Best of luck to both teams rest of the season!
Westside Wrote:Whitley is looking good so far this year.

Whitley is not where they want to be yet, but you can tell they are well-coached and have been hitting the weights hard because they are disciplined and stronger in the trenches. I think they could be tough to beat by season's end .
Well Done Men...
4ever witness Wrote:22-14 at the half. Leslie's very young Defense was on the field 80% of the game. Hats of to Luke Lewis on a tough played game as back up QB. They get their started back next week that can really air it out as well! The score way closer than shown, but Whitley has a huge strong team this season! Great group! Best of luck to both teams rest of the season!

The very young defense that had subbed in 14 defensive lineman by the 2nd quarter against Pineville? seems like you would have worn Whitley down instead of the other way around. The score was not way closer than shown. :hilarious:Confusedtare::dudecomeon:
Congrats Colonels!! Leslie is no slouch, especially playing in Hyden. Good win!
I Rule The World Wrote:80 of that came on 1 run..

So what?

102 yards of their 187 came on two plays......

All of them count.

Like I said to a fan at the concession stand, I wish Leslie was healthy that way you won't have excuses. This was after he told me that there was no way that Whitley or any other team could run the football on them. I told him Challenge accepted....LOL

Impressive stat of the night: Whitley has not given up a score in the second half this season.......
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:So what?

All of them count.

Like I said to a fan at the concession stand, I wish Leslie was healthy that way you won't have excuses. This was after he told me that there was no way that Whitley or any other team could run the football on them. I told him Challenge accepted....LOL

Impressive stat of the night: Whitley has not given up a score in the second half this season.......

somebody is fine tuning that defense Smile
Certainly not a Whitley fan, but I must say that they are "for real". I stand by my earlier post in another thread that they win their district, easily. Not a criticism of the other district teams, just my feeling that Whitley is that much better than the rest of the district.
walterwhite Wrote:Certainly not a Whitley fan, but I must say that they are "for real". I stand by my earlier post in another thread that they win their district, easily. Not a criticism of the other district teams, just my feeling that Whitley is that much better than the rest of the district.

They are certainly looking strong right now if they can keep building on that.
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:So what?

All of them count.

Good Luck the rest of the season to Whitley Co.