Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 14 Whitley County 0
walterwhite Wrote:I just call it like I see it, good or bad, and I am not a homer. Whitley's line play will give the district teams fits. North will have to throw it against them.

NL is going to have to mix it up a lot, the other night I bet Sizemore didn't have 30 yrd rushing. =) One was a 65 yd TD pass from Mcwhorter, another one was an interception. NL had more passing yards than rushing the first 2 series. After the half NL didn't put the ball in the air the rest of game / I don't believe - just pounded it out. I have to say North's skill guys are as good as any anywhere. Line needs some major work, tweaking, something! SL has no discipline, they had 2 ejected. NL had one - Refs didn't see it but the NL kid was trying to break up a dust up, they looked late so he got the thumb. *We were sitting on that end looking right at it unfold. A lot of frustration on SL part - the only TD SL got all of NL starters were out. Things seemed to be getting out of hand (Officials did not have control of the game was my thought)! I guess staff decided not to take a chance on another one getting thrown out or hurt fighting?? :ref1::ref1::ref1:
Whitley is not that young, they started 9 seniors on Offense and 7 on defense..
They will have a great year and hope they make a solid run at it this year..
I don't think people knew how much of a drop off from Jewell and carter to what they have now would be.
Bobcat4years Wrote:Whitley is not that young, they started 9 seniors on Offense and 7 on defense..

They also have around 16 or 17 juniors that will be coming back.
Most think the sophomore class is the strongest though
walterwhite Wrote:I just call it like I see it, good or bad, and I am not a homer. Whitley's line play will give the district teams fits. North will have to throw it against them.

The line play will make a difference for sure. Whitley has improved in that area quickly .
Bobcat4years Wrote:Whitley is not that young, they started 9 seniors on Offense and 7 on defense..

if they keep improving throughout the season they could be dangerous come playoff time .
walterwhite Wrote:I knew Whitley had a nice team, but they're better than I thought! Their defensive line is very impressive. I say they win their district, easily!

Hold on.....

Aren't you being a bit premature Mr White????'
I'm not gonna lie, I came away pretty impressed with the colonels. I think a region title is very possible for them this year if they continue to improve. They deserved to be in the game and gave Corbin all they wanted. Best of luck going forward and I hope you guys can get that region title. If you win it who knows what might happen in the next couple rounds.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:They also have around 16 or 17 juniors that will be coming back.
Most think the sophomore class is the strongest though

While that is awesome for Whitley, Corbin has 26 juniors coming back.
Glad to see Whitley football being competitive though. Wish they would put this kind of effort into the other programs at the school as well. Most of the other good athletes end up at Corbin or other schools in the area for that reason
Corbin may need to get mitchell more involved offensively. He looked good with the ball in his hands last night. At least I think it was mitchell, who can tell with those numbers corbin has on their jerseys.
The Outsider Wrote:Corbin may need to get mitchell more involved offensively. He looked good with the ball in his hands last night. At least I think it was mitchell, who can tell with those numbers corbin has on their jerseys.

I agree 100% about the jersey and yes it was Mitchell :worthy:
Single Wing 77 Wrote:While that is awesome for Whitley, Corbin has 26 juniors coming back.

I've always believed 2018 was the year Corbin would be the clear favorite. I knew this year was going to be good but that junior class is the same bunch that killed everyone in middle school both years and has always stayed together.
They will be very tough next year.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I'm not gonna lie, I came away pretty impressed with the colonels. I think a region title is very possible for them this year if they continue to improve. They deserved to be in the game and gave Corbin all they wanted. Best of luck going forward and I hope you guys can get that region title. If you win it who knows what might happen in the next couple rounds.

it's good to see Whitley County get some recognition even after a loss. it's plain to see that they are improving and well coached.:Thumbs:
pjdoug Wrote:if they keep improving throughout the season they could be dangerous come playoff time .

That sir is the main objective in my opinion. The end result.
Granny Bear Wrote:Hold on.....

Aren't you being a bit premature Mr White????'

Absolutely! You have to keep in mind everyone is going to be improving as it goes along. :1:
I haven't seen anybody mention that Corbin was without one of the (if not the) best skilled players on the team in Chase Estep. Recovering from a broken ankle. He should get more time next week against Alcoa.