Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel 36 - South Laurel 12
Priority Bowl - North Laurel 36 - South Laurel 12
Went about as expected I suppose
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Went about as expected I suppose

I reckon.
I watched a little of this online and I was impressed and noticed also South Laurel is much improved.
Surprised North did as well as they did. We heard as quick as we got to the game one of their Senior starters was in a bad car accident. He had a concussion and was not even at the game. Big lineman.
Congrats to Jags.
Congratulations to my cousin Mathew Sizemore had a heck of a game on both sides of the ball (MVP), this kid is fun to watch.
bac2369 Wrote:I watched a little of this online and I was impressed and noticed also South Laurel is much improved.

I thought South Laurel was much improved last year. I didn't know how much they had lost or how good they are this year.
Tight End Wrote:Surprised North did as well as they did. We heard as quick as we got to the game one of their Senior starters was in a bad car accident. He had a concussion and was not even at the game. Big lineman.

I hope he is ok .
pjdoug Wrote:I thought South Laurel was much improved last year. I didn't know how much they had lost or how good they are this year.

They are a little better but sure are missing the Grubb kid. He was an athlete that is really hard to replace in my opinion.
I chose NL for the win, so no surprise there. BUT, SL sure didn't roll over and die!! They fought hard and never gave up.

Sure speaks to their character.

Congratulations Jags.
Congrats to the Jags...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Proud of the fight the Cards put up, was only 14-6 at the half I believe
Was just 8-6 late in first half, North scored late td, then held on first second half drive, followed that with a long touchdown drive of their own, then got a pick six from Sizemore and it was pretty much over. Despite the margin, I thought South was improved overall, but they do miss having a great playmaker like Grubb, any team would. North still a little hard to read, they can run it for sure, but will be interesting to see how they fare against the better teams on their schedule.
South had too many mental mistakes. Multiple times extended the drive for north because of personal fouls. Kids need to shut up and play ball. South hung around until North stopped them three and out then scored. Then it was over.
Little Bro just can't get over the hump. In all serious it's great to see the numbers for both teams up. About ten years ago maybe each team had little over 30.
Tight End Wrote:They are a little better but sure are missing the Grubb kid. He was an athlete that is really hard to replace in my opinion.

Yeah. he is definitely a game changer.
Week end thoughts after re-watching the game: NL is going to have to mix it up more, in my opinion. The other night I bet Sizemore didn't have 30 yrd rushing. =) One was a 65 yd TD pass from Mcwhorter, another one was an interception. NL had more passing yards than rushing the first 2 series. After the half NL didn't put the ball in the air the rest of game / I don't believe - just pounded it out. I have to say North's skill guys are as good as any anywhere. Line needs some major work, more practice, something! SL has no discipline at all, they had 2 ejected. NL had one ejected - Refs didn't see it but the NL kid was trying to break up a dust up, they looked late so he got the thumb too. *We were sitting on that end looking right at it unfold. The bunch I travel with had to sit on the SL side because they like the concession stand on that side of the field. We saw a lot of frustration on SL's part - the only TD SL got late in the game all of the NL starters were out of the game. Things seemed to be getting out of hand to a lot of us (Officials did not have control of that game was my thought)! I guess the NL staff decided not to take a chance on another one getting thrown out because of someone ripping a helmet off their head (happened to one NL player 3 times in the game) or hurt fighting (HA HA) or decided to let the younger kids get some experience possibly. That's my thoughts on the game. :ref1::ref1::ref1:
CoachNM0523 Wrote:South had too many mental mistakes. Multiple times extended the drive for north because of personal fouls. Kids need to shut up and play ball. South hung around until North stopped them three and out then scored. Then it was over.
Always an emotional game when cross town rivals meet up. But you're right there were some really stupid personal fouls at some crucial points in the game that may have changed things.