Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murray State 7 v 7
Did anybody go? How did the local teams look?
Didn't go but, I heard Mayfield looked really good. They won all their match ups by at least 3 td's.
MySon I'm told PTHS is going to start a QB that's never taken a snap at any level. Well it is the wishbone, maybe it doesn't matter? You heard anything along these lines???
Mayfield did not win all their games by at least 3 tds. Nice try tho. I was there.
Jackson Purchase Wrote:MySon I'm told PTHS is going to start a QB that's never taken a snap at any level. Well it is the wishbone, maybe it doesn't matter? You heard anything along these lines???

That is what I am hearing also. The kid, a converted WR, is a decent athlete and has some good film highlights up, just has not played QB before. If I recall, the late season QB replacement who led PT to the 2009 championship had never played QB before, either. It is probably more revealing in terms of a level of depth and talent that PT does not have anyone else with the ability or experience to play back there. You always have to worry about injuries with an option QB.
Ghostofjoey Wrote:Mayfield did not win all their games by at least 3 tds. Nice try tho. I was there.

55 can't count. So did Mayfield look descent since you was there?
They looked solid. Younger and smaller than I've seen in awhile. This may be one of those Mayfield teams that takes a lump or two early but will be finely tuned by the playoffs.
JP, I haven't heard anything about PT. I am sure they will be tough if they leave the new coach alone. He made Murray a contender, and we all know what a challenge that was.
Well Ghost, I wasn't there. I however got my info straight from one of the Mayfield coaches. He said we won all 3 games by 3 touchdowns or more. Of course, the only team that I would consider a challenge, that we played, was Caldwell.
Mayfield is definitely bigger than last year at pretty much every position. The OL is the exact same OL as last year minus Ganaway. However his replacement is as big, if not bigger. Arnett's replacement at qb is at least 8" taller. Bright's replacement at RB is at least 6" taller. The WR's are all except for 1 the same. His replacement is anywhere from 4" shorter to about the same height.

The DE is the same at one side. I don't know who replaces Smith at the other end since he is now an outside lb. Whoever replaces Brimer on DL has to be taller. He was only like 5'6". Hurt is back in the MLB spot, so same size. Dunbar replaces Arnett at MLB. He is about the same size. Nate Fox replaces Tapia at one OLB. He is definitely bigger. Smith replaces Workman at OLB. He is a lot bigger. Denzel is back at one CB. So, same size. Whoever replaces Bright at CB is definitely bigger. One safety is back, same size. Lumson will be replaced at safety. That could be a size smaller since he was 6' or so.

So if the Ghost was there, his eyes must be playing tricks on him.
Tica Wrote:That is what I am hearing also. The kid, a converted WR, is a decent athlete and has some good film highlights up, just has not played QB before. If I recall, the late season QB replacement who led PT to the 2009 championship had never played QB before, either. It is probably more revealing in terms of a level of depth and talent that PT does not have anyone else with the ability or experience to play back there. You always have to worry about injuries with an option QB.

PT doesn't run an option based wishbone. They'll run some double option off inside veer looks & outside belly option (still a double option), but that's it.....it still isn't what they do, though.