Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7 on 7 schedule
Tight End Wrote:Congratulations to North Laurel on winning the 7 on 7 today at EKU!

Yes,yes,yes :Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead
pjdoug Wrote:Austin-East used to be a powerhouse. They've won state championships in a few different sports.

A buddy from North Laurel just told me they beat Austin East, TN. twice today. Not sure exactly how they play these 7 on 7 competitions, if they draw who they play or have pool play? There was 12 to 16 teams there today they were not exactly sure about the number but at least 12.

:Thumbs:
pjdoug Wrote:Austin-East used to be a powerhouse. They've won state championships in a few different sports.

They used to but to my understanding, Austin East is one of the worst programs in the Knoxville area now.

Correction: They were 12-2 last year. I must be thinking of a different team unless they've gotten back on track.
Pikeville was there. Finished 2-3 on the day as I heard it.
Times Tribune, said today, NL competed against 15 other schools at the EKU 7 on 7. NL was, 3-1 in pool play with wins over Austin East, Fleming County, and Bourbon County. The Jaguars’ lone loss in pool play came against Lexington Catholic. Then they defeated Ashland Blazer, Ohio’s Fairyland High School, and Lexington Catholic to advance to the championship game, which put them in a back-and-forth affair with Austin East in the title game before NL sealed it with a 10-8 win over Austin East. football::football::football::football::football: