Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floyd County Board Coaches Ruling
THUNDERCHILD Wrote:As I understand it from an administrator they can't even volunteer to help or coach anything away from school either. This would go for little league, weekend youth basketball, Pop Warner football, nothing. I can’t see how this could be legal myself.

Okay folks, from what I've read so far this is all coming about (as I've heard too) so a coaching change can be forced at the High School level. That's bad enough, but think about this. They couldnt coach or HELP with their childs T Ball team or other sports as listed above If I understand what I've been told. That effects so many more people than you know I'm sure.
I agree Mr. Tackett has done great for Betsy Layne Elementary, so thats why I think he should stay the coach at the grade school and not just ride out a good group of kids that are currently 8th graders at the school. I am a very big fan of Coach Rose, and I have to say that this rule sucks, nothing else to say but this rule sucks. Let the man coach. He is giving his time up to do something he loves. Coach Tackett obviously is a good coach also at Betsy Layne, but I would like to see him coach talent that is average, instead of a team that he coached this year that was an exceptional team.

But the "Rose Rule" SUCKS
You are right, Rob, I'll stick with football. But, thanks for the kind words!
Kybob Wrote:From what I have herd, Coach Rose is a true professionel and he knows about this. Check with Coach Branham, he coached some round ball in Pike County in the grade school. He seems to be doing a good job with teh football. I guarantee the team would have respect and play with everything they had in them. I don't think he would leave football tho!
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:I agree Mr. Tackett has done great for Betsy Layne Elementary, so thats why I think he should stay the coach at the grade school and not just ride out a good group of kids that are currently 8th graders at the school. I am a very big fan of Coach Rose, and I have to say that this rule sucks, nothing else to say but this rule sucks. Let the man coach. He is giving his time up to do something he loves. Coach Tackett obviously is a good coach also at Betsy Layne, but I would like to see him coach talent that is average, instead of a team that he coached this year that was an exceptional team.

But the "Rose Rule" SUCKS

Hadn't heard it called the "Rose Rule" but it seems to fit.

As far as a person volunteering his time, I don't see how anyone can say you can or can't volunteer. Thats a Joke, be honest the only reason that was pput in there should be obvious
THUNDERCHILD Wrote:Okay folks, from what I've read so far this is all coming about (as I've heard too) so a coaching change can be forced at the High School level. That's bad enough, but think about this. They couldnt coach or HELP with their childs T Ball team or other sports as listed above If I understand what I've been told. That effects so many more people than you know I'm sure.

No way this can be legally enforced. Especially the non-school system activities such as Little League, Tball, AAU. Get ready FBOE, here comes Ned.:popcorn:
It for the good of the children, that the individuals who have the most education spend less time with the students.

Braniac, Not!!!!! LOL