Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summer ball
Summer ball! Who's winning?
I hear pikeville got beat pretty good by Floyd Central
I heard that! Floyd Central will be the team to beat.
Their fans think it is Feb/March already the way they are getting on to the refs in the summer games.
Can't always use summer ball as a gauge for the regular season. Johnson Central has played so far this summer without Dalton Collins, Gabe Ferral, Grant Davis, Blake Delong, Ryan Sartin-Slone and Brett Loney due to baseball.
Can't blame their fans I wouldn't let the Refs get into a bad pattern and they have a lot to be proud of
You can always beat Jc in the summer, never during the season. They lost a couple of key players but they have the #1 point guard in the region coming back. They will be ok when it's for real.
JC went 3-1 at the KBA over the weekend beating Harlan County, Tates Creek and Pikeville, and losing to a pretty good West Jessamine team. they had Collins and Davis back and Rice along with the incoming freshman May and Vanhoose. From what I hear they play extremely hard and the 2 young kids are playing like upper classman. I think when tournament time rolls around they will be tough to beat
Really hard to tell a lot about summer ball.
For the most part I think it's more useful for the young kids to get some playing time. Because a lot of games the older kids have other sports or other things going on.
I know Wolfe County has played about 20 games this summer and had their whole varsity team for next year there maybe 2 games.
They played Estill County today and played without 3 of their starters next year but it was really good for the younger kids to get to play some varsity.
But I don't think you can get a real feel for how next years teams will be with so many players being gone.
Estill was without Bonny today as well, but they will have a nice team next year.
sportguy12 Wrote:You can always beat Jc in the summer, never during the season. They lost a couple of key players but they have the #1 point guard in the region coming back. They will be ok when it's for real.

I think the Tackett boy from Floyd Central will be ranked the #1 point guard in the 15th Region
My opinion summer ball should be taken more serious. Refs should be khsaa certified and teams should keep count of fouls and play by same rules as a season game. Why goof off and play barnyard during summer? That's just teaching kids bad habits, causing drama and gonna get somebody hurt. Basketball is serious business don't disrespect the game. Might as well let them play Street ball.
Jason Spriggs Wrote:My opinion summer ball should be taken more serious. Refs should be khsaa certified and teams should keep count of fouls and play by same rules as a season game. Why goof off and play barnyard during summer? That's just teaching kids bad habits, causing drama and gonna get somebody hurt. Basketball is serious business don't disrespect the game. Might as well let them play Street ball.

I agree it's about the same as aau
June 22 Summer Games at Union College

Southwestern 52 Barbourville 47
Barbourvile 55 Clay County #2 50
Clay County #1 61 Warren East 51
Williamsburg 51 Clay County #2 48
Knox Central 67 Warren East 44
Southwestern 48 Clay County #1 42
Warren East 66 Williamsburg 42
Southwestern 48 Williamsburg 47
Knox Central 66 Clay County #1 40