Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell vs. Ashland student section
word is that big sandy is donating $250 to whoever has the best student section tomorow. anybody know if theres any truth to that?
I've not heard anything official, but from what I've heard it certainly sounds true. This just doesn't seem like something that would be made up as a rumor.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Russell will have their work cut out for them to match Ashland's student section. They have student section practice at Blazer. This is a serious challenge. Go Red Devils!
How in the world are you going to decide who has the best student section? I'm pretty sure both will show up in full force, for what I think has become the premier rivalry in NEKY. If they are both there in full force and both very loud who wins? Sounds like RV may be shelling out a donation to each school.
FBALL Wrote:How in the world are you going to decide who has the best student section? I'm pretty sure both will show up in full force, for what I think has become the premier rivalry in NEKY. If they are both there in full force and both very loud who wins? Sounds like RV may be shelling out a donation to each school.

That would be great if both schools could a donation.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
:letsparty Russell<:argue: >Ashland:letsparty
:flame: ashland< :ChairHit: >Russell :devilflam

lets go devils!!!!
Yes, the winner of the best student section, will recieve 250$

IMO, Ashland has the best student section that i have seen around the region. I Beileve that russell fans dont hardly paint up for their basketball games? that not be true, but much as the Ashland Student Section has been waiting for this game, i see them getting the money handed too them.
Who is giving the cash?
I think the radio stations, correct me if im wrong?
Thats just what i have heard

what are your thoughts about the student section?
I think the radio stations, correct me if im wrong?
Thats just what i have heard

what are your thoughts about the student section?
RivalsMan08 Wrote:Yes, the winner of the best student section, will recieve 250$

IMO, Ashland has the best student section that i have seen around the region. I Beileve that russell fans dont hardly paint up for their basketball games? that not be true, but much as the Ashland Student Section has been waiting for this game, i see them getting the money handed too them.

just wait buddy. well see who aint painted.
Alright buddy.... An i hope Russell does paint up, make it funner, an better for the students to get into the game. But i still dont think they could match up to their student section.
I think they are jealous that they cant match up as good as them in the bleachers.
RivalsMan08 Wrote:Alright buddy.... An i hope Russell does paint up, make it funner, an better for the students to get into the game. But i still dont think they could match up to their student section.
I think they are jealous that they cant match up as good as them in the bleachers.

haha your killin me. lets just see if ashland can match us. to bad last time russell ashland played everybody from russell was at tough man. we got some pay back comin for asland. we got pretty disrespected by ashland on jan.12 so if you think were gonna come out and let these punks show us up then ur wrong.
I remember back in "The Day" Russell's "Bleacher Creatures" ruled over all student sections.
The Young Devils need to re-establish themselves as the #1 student section in NE Ky. and tonight is the night. Just like Apollo Creed said to Rocky. "There is no Tomorrow!"
Yeah ill agree, i did hear most of them went to tough man.
but still ashland is a better student section
Neither student section could touch Russell's in the late 80s. The 600 club in tribute to coach Merideth getting his 600th win. That was a loud and wild group.
No one could careless for the student sections back in the day
RivalsMan08 Wrote:No one could careless for the student sections back in the day

Pardon me but there are some of us the enjoy hearing about the old days. We do not live in the Me, Me,Me and only me era. That is the problem with a lot of the younger crowd today. They only care about themselves and what they do. They do not appreciate the histories of two great programs.
Midee1 Wrote:Pardon me but there are some of us the enjoy hearing about the old days. We do not live in the Me, Me,Me and only me era. That is the problem with a lot of the younger crowd today. They only care about themselves and what the do. They do not appreciate the histories of two great programs.
:rockon: :devilflam
RivalsMan08 Wrote:No one could careless for the student sections back in the day

And some of you couldn't hold a candle to them either. Ask anybody that was around. That group was the most loved or hated, depending on who you talk to. They were very much a part of the game that made it a carnival atmosphere every gamenight.
both teams student sections will be insane tonight ive had baseball practice all week and havn't been able to get to any student section practices so im pumped to see what we're gonna do
whats up with it rivalsman? are we still jelous? hell, the ashland guys who were painted couldnt even stand in the right order to spell anything.
Midee1 Wrote:Pardon me but there are some of us the enjoy hearing about the old days. We do not live in the Me, Me,Me and only me era. That is the problem with a lot of the younger crowd today. They only care about themselves and what they do. They do not appreciate the histories of two great programs.

well during a big game like last nights you probly need to worry more about whats going on right now then what heppened in the past.
bizmark Wrote:well during a big game like last nights you probly need to worry more about whats going on right now then what heppened in the past.

My comment was in direct response to a sarcastic remark made by someone. I has no bearing at all on the game from last night.

It is great that everyone concentrates on the game but there have been many others to do this before this group. I myself enjoy hearing about the past and present as well as the future.
I wish someone would have brought a student section to Valley for us to cheer against.
Midee1 Wrote:My comment was in direct response to a sarcastic remark made by someone. I has no bearing at all on the game from last night.

It is great that everyone concentrates on the game but there have been many others to do this before this group. I myself enjoy hearing about the past and present as well as the future.

OK well my bad and yeah i love to hear about the past. But, when Ashland and Russell played Friday, it was probably one of the greatest things I've experienced since i've been in high school. It was electric in that gym.