Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vanderbilt hoops fans might cost school $25,000 fine
SEC Commissioner Mike Slive will render a decision Monday on whether or not to fine Vanderbilt for its fans storming the court after the Commodores' upset win over No. 1-ranked Florida on Saturday.

Under a three-year rule, Slive can fine Vandy up to $25,000 since this is its second offense. Vanderbilt was fined $5,000 in 2005 when fans stormed the court after a second-round NIT win against Wichita State.

Slive will also review videotape of a report of Florida freshman Brandon Powell throwing a punch in the postgame scrum. But early indications from the league office are that Powell was trying to get out of the fan crush in self defense. Florida officials were upset over the lack of security by Vanderbilt.

Andy Katz is a senior writer at ESPN.com.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IMO, this is stupid. If they want to storm the court over a big upset win over the #1 team then so be it. I would have stormed the court to.
-STATS- Wrote:IMO, this is stupid. If they want to storm the court over a big upset win over the #1 team then so be it. I would have stormed the court to.

Same here
Florida officials were upset over the lack of security by Vanderbilt.

Looks like Florida was upset twice in one day! lol
[QUOTE=alfus21] Florida officials were upset over the lack of security by Vanderbilt.

QUOTE]

-STATS- Wrote:[QUOTE=alfus21] Florida officials were upset over the lack of security by Vanderbilt.

QUOTE]

I would say more by the beating than the storm! LOL

:lmao:
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
BelfryJustice Wrote:[QUOTE=-STATS-]

I would say more by the beating than the storm! LOL

:lmao:

haha! No doubt about that.
lol yeah but isnt their a rule in the Sec that says you cant storm the court?
yeah i think they should start tearing the goals down lol
.houshmandzadeh. Wrote:yeah i think they should start tearing the goals down lol

lol, that would be a sight to see right there.
-STATS- Wrote:lol, that would be a sight to see right there.

haha yea it would...but imo this is Stupid..Storming the court cause ur team pull an upset..how dumb can the rules get
It should have been a fine if they didnt storm the floor,,gee whiz
I would think that the final decision is that they were fined. It is an SEC rule that you can not storm the court/field after a game. UK was fined when fans stormed the field after the GA game (along with a new goal post.)