Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County 59 South Laurel 56
Final in overtime. Black bears play Corbin Monday night in the region finals.
Carmical led HC with 31 shooting 7-8 from three. Ramey led South with 19.
South was up 10-0 to start the game.
Carmichael played extremely well, especially in the second half.
I was surprised South played as well as they did since Grubb was really a non factor for much of the game.

Should be a good one with Corbin Monday.
As bad as I hate to say it, Corbin has already punched their ticket. I hope I'm dead wrong and have to eat crow though.
Crow Season got me also Confusednicker: Congratulations Harlan County black bears on a great comeback tonight. Good luck in the finals :worthy:
If Harlan plays a complete game Monday like that played in the second half today they will be tough to beat for sure. I hope Monday is another great game, this has been the best 13th region tournament in a while.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:If Harlan plays a complete game Monday like that played in the second half today they will be tough to beat for sure. I hope Monday is another great game, this has been the best 13th region tournament in a while.

Corbin will make sure to deny Carmichael the ball and make someone else beat them. I don't see Carmichael going 7-8 from 3, and hitting them from 25-30ft 2 games in a row. Hope I'm dead wrong though.
South Laurel let them have it, plain and simple. Had plenty of chances even after letting Harlan County back in the game
Rogers11 Wrote:South Laurel let them have it, plain and simple. Had plenty of chances even after letting Harlan County back in the game

Agree completely, but don't feel like listing all the question marks in this game. Lol.
Biggest reason for the SL loss was no one could guard Carmichal.
Go luck I hope you Beat these guys by a 100
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:South was up 10-0 to start the game.
Carmichael played extremely well, especially in the second half.
I was surprised South played as well as they did since Grubb was really a non factor for much of the game.

Should be a good one with Corbin Monday.
That wasn't South Laurel's largest lead either. At one point, they led by 14.

64SUR Wrote:Crow Season got me also Confusednicker: Congratulations Harlan County black bears on a great comeback tonight. Good luck in the finals :worthy:
I forgot who said it, but SOMEBODY said we'd get beat by at least 15.
:pondering:

Single Wing 77 Wrote:If Harlan plays a complete game Monday like that played in the second half today they will be tough to beat for sure. I hope Monday is another great game, this has been the best 13th region tournament in a while.
I said last month that this region was so evenly talented, it would be anybody's to win. So far, that has proven to be true.

callmecrazy33 Wrote:Corbin will make sure to deny Carmichael the ball and make someone else beat them. I don't see Carmichael going 7-8 from 3, and hitting them from 25-30ft 2 games in a row. Hope I'm dead wrong though.
He's done it all year. Carmical is a phenomenal player. I am so glad that I have gotten to watch his high school career.

TheProfessor33 Wrote:Biggest reason for the SL loss was no one could guard Carmichal.
That is exactly correct!!!
Granny Bear I thought the game was over in the first quarter or I would have nailed it. Confusednicker:
Foul trouble for South in the second qtr completely changed this game. Instead of going into halftime up 14-15....... with Ramey and Grubb on the bench for most of second qtr Harlan Co was able to crawl back into it just down 8. Rameys second foul was huge for Harlan Co. he had 15 points and was scoring at will.............hindsight is always 20-20 but might have left him on the floor and tried to push the lead even more.
I agree. Jones did take a chance leaving in 2 of his guys that were in danger of picking up their 3rd fouls. But like you said, hindsight is 20/20.
Congrats to Granny's Bears.